Goldman Sachs Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

3.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was of Senior Analyst position at Internal Audit. The role demanded good analytical skills, good knowledge on technology, testing and finance knowledge. The Interview process was not that easy, there were five rounds (one phone screen and an onsite interview consisting of 4 rounds)

Interview Questions

• Question were very situational, behavioral and all about why audit, why GS etc. Identify risk and controls.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Over 8 rounds of very generic interviews. Hiring managers repeated the same questions as they were unaware what the previous interviewer asked. Nothing too technical. Perhaps because of my related experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? WHy should we hire you for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

1st round six 30 minutes phone interviews one right after another.
    2nd round six 30 minutes in person interviews.
    Interviews are with human resources, hiring manager, managers from other departments that role will interact with, members of the team role will work with and partners of the firm.
    Interview was not hard but be prepared to answer probing questions about information you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

14 different interviews with HR and VP's. took 3 months to get hired. they do not give you the option to negotiate your salary. you have to submit an extensive ten year residence and work history.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Their interview is a long process, the more you have means the big chance you will get in. Each time you will have 4 people to interview you. Each person has 30 mins.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I worked for GS for over 10yrs. Came in as an admin and even way back then I came in for 4 interviews. I meant with most of the sales/trading desk and a few analysts.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Grueling!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when confronted with no resources and no bandwidth to deliver on time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

GS does not negotiate on salary unless you are coming into a very senior role.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview Process is little tough though but if you really confident and with good communication skill then you are there.

Need to know about the process like accounting,Finance,etc Must have good interpersonal skills .

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chennai (India)).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. Show good communication skills and interest in the field. Since i joined at analyst level a small bit of knowledge was enough to get in.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs? What are mutual funds, hedge funds? Types of a fixed income products?And later they jumped into a little bit of economics.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Incredibly long, drawn out process taking 12 interviews over 3 months. Interviews themselves were fine, mostly just asking about experience and why you think you were good for the role. Couple of technical questions but anyone with basic investment knowledge would be ok

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge currently faced by the UK banking industry?   Answer Question