Goldman Sachs Senior Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Senior Developer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a basic 30 min phone.
questions were around advantages/disadvantages of use of normalization, java collections and writing thread safe code

interview followed by an on-site interview

on-site interview consisted of a 1 hr written test followed by 4 one-on-one interviews.

Each on the 1-1 interview lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• design an algorithm to detect deadlocks   Answer Question
  • write a sql query that eliminates duplicated. there is no unique index/identifier of any kind that is present   3 Answers
  • write a program to determine if a number can be expressed as 2^x.

for example 4 is 2^2.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Had my resume submitted via a recruiter. Found out that the group wanted to do an in-person interview without a phone screen which is quite unusual.
    Had the interview in the AM and was told that I will meet anywhere from 3-5 people.

Started with a code test which included questions from Java/SQL/Web Tech/C++ and .Net. I never worked C++ and .Net so left those sections completely blank. This was followed by a group interview - 2 on 1, and a 1 on 1 interview. After which I was just let out. Considering that I thought I did fairly well, I was hoping to be seen by more people, but was told, 'We're done!'

Interview Questions

• Write an algo to find the missing number from a array of numbers 0 ... 999,999.   2 Answers
    • Find the lowest double in an array of numbers?   1 Answer
    • public class WhichReturns{
        public String whichReturns(){
          try{
               return "1";
          }finally{
               return "2";
          }

public static void main(String argv){
            System.out.println("Return val: " + WhichReturns.whichReturns());
         }
      }   4 Answers
    • Diff b/w var1 == var2 and var1.equals(var2)
      Which method needs to be implemented along with equals()?   4 Answers
    • 6. SQL Questions
       - Write up a School Registration DB Schema
       - Two table of Employee (ID, Name)/Salary History (EMP_ID, SALARY, SAL_BEGIN_DATE)
        - Find primary keys/foreign keys.
        - Find ID of employee whose salary decreased.
        - Find ID, total comp of employees
        - Find ID of employees who got only paid once.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Process consists of phone interview, followed by written test and then 1:1 interviews.
    They rescheduled phone interview 3 times (normally with call/email 10 minutes passed the scheduled time). Finally it happened after 3 weeks. After phone interview they called me in for onsite written test and interview. The test consists of logic, programming, databases and operating system question. After test there were 4 rounds of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• how do you measure cup usage on unix box.   1 Answer
    • Write shell script to search for a given string in all files in given directory.   3 Answers