Goldman Sachs Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Several on campus interviews followed by several in house interviews. Interviews were somewhat stressful, and hard to tell if you did well or not. I didn't have much experience with development, but they were willing to take me based of a good all around knowledge and some good projects I had worked on previously.

Interview Questions

• What is the most likely combination from a set a dice?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A Good Resume is the one with a clear message in one glance. One usually doesn't have much time go through the specifics. Also, most of the resumes look more or less the same if you start reading thoroughly. So what distinguishes you is how much you can convey to a third person in one glance. However a crucial point that one needs to keep in mind is - The third person may be an IITian or may be not. So your resume needs to be optimally elaborate and detailed. Good at glance and not boring with details.

Interview Questions

• After the written test, had my first face to face round. It was a technical interview covering data structures, algorithms, space and time complexity etc and not at all Java specific.Then had my next face-to-face round. It was focused on core Java especially garbage collection, multithreading and collections   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview mode is good.
    first round: Hacker Rank first array based problem
    (easy question string compression input: waaarrziiiii output: 1w3a2r1Z5i) second question : dynamic programming (a=1,b=2 given number how many such strings are formed)

second round : coderpack test where one guy will peep you screen what ever the program assigned and asked you to code the same. 2 programs will be assigned to you. (I think atleast one you should pass and next you need to attempt and give solution) Program was Pascal triangle.

Third round: technical ,mgr ,hr and so on.

This HR is so clever she asked me leave for the day without evaluating my skills.
    In round two I was about the complete the program system got restarted due to maintenance activity. Interviewer selected me by asking few questions what is my approach documented my inputs and he said you are selected and wait in the lobby for the next round.
    HR came to me leave for the day and we will get back to me next Monday.
    Asked me to leave for no reason.

I wasted my time twice.
    Three years back I got selected for next technical discussion due to unavailability of panel members I was rejected.

Now system crash I was rejected.
    you should respect the candidate who appeared for interviewer. Time and money involved. (transport fare and half a day precious weekend time )
    If you evaluate the candidate completely then call them up for interview else please don't call.