Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Went in for the first-round interview and ended up tanking. I forgot a lot of the stuff from my class. Interviewers were not pleased and cut the interview short at 30 minutes. First-round interview was mainly personality based and not technical. From what I've heard, the second round interviews are more technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Got the interview through school career fair. On campus interview was pretty straight forward and some basic questions. Heard back in 2 weeks for the next round. They flew me out to New York for a night, set me up with interviews for 3 teams. Day-long process, but it was not very exhausting.

Got a better offer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2007.

Interview

One on-campus interview and then a full day of onsite interviews. I was asked programming and computer science questions, basic behavioral questions, and a couple of brainteasers. I had to write some basic code to answer a few questions. Each interview last about 30 minutes. For the onsite interviews, I had three with each of the two groups that were considering hiring me.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a linked list? Write the code.   1 Answer
    • Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slightly heavier and you are given a balance scale . What's the fewest number of times you have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?   44 Answers

Software Engineer(Intern) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2010.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my school campus, and spoke with the representatives. I thought the talk that I had with the representatives wasn't all that interesting, but nevertheless they gave me an interview that same night. They scheduled an interview for the next day, probably because they flew from out of town to hire in the area.

Interview Questions

• What is a hash? What's the difference between a hashtable and a hashmap?   Answer Question