Find jobs for Software Engineer

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 407 of over 7,841.0 interviews

Recruiter20%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Interview process was very clean and efficient. Focused mainly on the problem solving technique and core concepts and high level designing questions. Interview panel will help us with the solution approaches and for difficult level problem they will give small hint for optimized solution only if we solved the problem in brute force.

Interview Questions
  • Problem solving questions like stack impl. Design level questions
    Answer Question

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

it was 120mins to complete 2 coding questions, one is an easy question, the other one is a medium level, I think the oa is a good experience, waiting for my next round of interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Goldman Sachs

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Just heard about this Goldman Sachs survey. Why didn’t those overworked analysts just sleep more? Like it’s not that hard? Idk just feels like they’re complaining.

1,297

87 Comments

Finance

48K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Goldman Sachs~2800
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in May 2022

Interview

Data structures Algorithms System Design Was informed after this round that they decided not to move forward with my candidacy. Solved all. System design was vague but tried my best I think engineers were looking for a perfect solution in system design interview

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

the process was very quick and interesting. it was a great environment to learn as well. One must actually prepare for the interview with Goldman Sachs. Make sure to study and review

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

I was sent an email after I sent my resume from the career website for Goldman Sachs. I received a coding assessment using Hacker Rank. I didn't pass the interview.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me string based question and two sum coding challenge.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

2 rounds. Coding and then technical interview. Asked about merge sort and 2d arrays and basics of stacks. Very few selected for next round. Had some paragraph writing questions as well in the first round.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Really good, fully remote. There was a need to do an exam to test your math and programing skills, overall the test was medium difficulty. Can recommend, but some preparation before test may be needed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Mar 2022

Interview

Received a coding challenge and got 100% on it. I had plenty of time to finish it. In the middle of it, I literally got up, went to my dining table, and ate a burrito for dinner. Then came back and finished the coding challenge. Then I never heard back from them. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe the long pause triggered something. Learn from my mistakes people, don't leave the coding challenge for any reason. It's remote-friendly but not flexible.

Interview Questions
  • Robot moving up, down, left, right, and if it returns back to its original position.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Got a first round. It was a coding round. Not Difficult but and it can be cracked with regular practice. Did not receive any update further after the first round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX)

Interview

I have interviewed with the Dallas office. The online round was followed by a CoderPad interview. Finally, I had 3 back to back technical interviews during the super day. The recruiter mailed me a few days following the super day informing me the outcome was positive but one more technical interview was to be conducted. One was scheduled and 2 hours prior to it I was informed it was to be rescheduled. The next day followed with a generic rejection mail with no explanation. Extremely nonprofessional recruiters.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 407 Interviews