Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tiruchirappalli (India)).

Interview

There were totally three rounds of interview 2 technical and 2 HR. The technical Interview started off with resume related questions. Once that was over, the interviewer proceeded to ask me questions about array and string manipulation. The second technical interview also went smoothly. I was asked some puzzles (the four queens in a chessboard one) and they were very helpful in guiding me towards getting at the solution. Overall, nice experience, very helpful and friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Allahabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

it was an average interview.they asked me questions about recursion,graphs.the questions were of moderate difficulty.they asked me which subject i am good at.i told them i am good at logical thinking.
    they asked me some puzzles and about my projects.it depends on the interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got into the technical online test. After that is the online video interview, which was mostly behavior questions. It asked to answer for 2 minutes with 30 sec to prepare before each question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an initial screening test. The test consisted of some quant analysis questions + some Data Structures and Algorithms questions + some Machine Learning Questions. It was fairly simple, the only difficulty was the wide spectrum of the questions being asked. Applied through University, completed 3 rounds of interviews. Question were mostly based on data structures and algorithms with occasional presence of some questions based on programming languages.

Interview Questions

• How would you print all possible permutations for the first n(input) natural numbers   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Java based question-
    Why is String immutable, what is String pool, Questions on collections - which one to use when, multithreading questions - synchronization, volatile, atomic. Puzzles. Describe projects. Spring, hibernate frameworks

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of the projects you have worked on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very technical programming questions and high level computer science concepts. Be prepared to talk on whatever your CV says. I met with around 3 different people from very advanced developers to higher level management.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of artificial intelligence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more, they can afford it ;)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

A few rounds of basic architecture question. Things like how would you design a service with a back-end that would expose data as an API. Then a logic question for checking your problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions

• If you can race only 5 horses at a time, given 20 horses, what is the lowest number of races you need to host to determine the top 3 horses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair. received email later for first interview and then later got invited to onsite. The questions were both technical and behavioral. There were 2 interviews both on campus and on site. Recruiter was really nice, occasionally dropping hints when I wasnt too sure how to proceed. They review your resume and ask you about things that you put on there.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Java (my preferred language) like what is JVM and what does it do.
      Also asked a case question which is similar to asking how you would write malloc.

Onsite interview was behavioral and technical (data structures) questions.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone call with two engineers, explained what the job is about, what they are looking for and the environment. The difficult part was that it's hard to ask some very technical questions over the phone, and hard to answer them. Try saying "dot space slash script name". Some questions are just not suitable for the phone that well.

Interview Questions

• a lot of shell questions, for example what is the difference between calling a script in the following ways: script.sh ./script.sh . script.sh   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First round was on campus and then after a week I got call for an onsite interview. There were two interview with two people in each panel.
    Both the interviews were mixed, technical + behavioural

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to Reverse Linked.
      Basics of JAVA