Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First round was on campus and then after a week I got call for an onsite interview. There were two interview with two people in each panel.
Both the interviews were mixed, technical + behavioural

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to Reverse Linked.
    Basics of JAVA
    Past project experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Three telephonic round and one on campus round. The on campus itself had 3 rounds. The telephonic rounds included more data structures questions and big O notation. Few DBMS questions. Overall easy.
    The first round interviewer went through my resume. He asked about basic java questions and on Spring MVC related questions. Later it was more on general algorithmic questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a 8x8 chess board what is the cumulative probability that next move will fall in the chess board. The interviewer was very helpful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Back-to-back. First one was okay second was terrible. They asked some technical and behavioral questions. This was just for an internship in Salt Lake City. The technical problems weren't hard. One was about SQL and then a class diagram. The other question was a programming logic question that was super easy but I froze up in the interview. I had terrible chemistry with my interviewer so that may have been part of it, but that is luck of the draw not Goldman necessarily.

Interview Questions

• If you were taking a test and found it online what would you do?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First a few questions on the resume, talks about past experience, a few questions on projects, why choose this method, what did you do, etc. Then some general CS concept questions, algorithm questions. Then questions for the interviewer. He ended up sharing with me his career path which is really helpful even though I did not get into the next round.

Interview Questions

• What is Object Oriented programming? What is the difference between OO and process oriented?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at school career fair and had an on-campus interview followed by an on-site. Each had 2 back-to-back interviews. I was asked about resume and to write a couple of simple programming questions on paper. People were professional and very friendly. There was also a tour after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose Goldman Sachs over other technology firms?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

i applied from university career fair, and got interview in a week. behavioral interview, asked about questions related to resume. and another question on who is your idol. Nothing related to computer science asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume to online portal, heard back a couple days later with a HackerRank challenge. There were two questions, the first one was easier and the second a little harder. Did not pass or hear back.

Interview Questions

• A kid wants to travel up n steps. She can only go 1, 2 or 3 steps at a time. How many different ways can she get to the nth step?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

A local recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with a coding session on CoderPad. The phone interviewer was nice and he he asked me about my background. Unfortunately, the coding question he asked me seemed more suited for a fresh college graduate than for someone experienced like me. I immediately recognized that I could not do this problem on the interview, and so I declined politely. This brought us to the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a BST with the methods `put(t)`, `contains(t)` and `in_order_traversal`. Get the failing unit tests to pass.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

After a live coding challenge using CoderPen, I came in for a three-hour on-site interview with four different interviewers. They concentrated only a little on technical questions and more on diving into the projects I'd worked on, what decisions I'd made on those projects, and why.

Interview Questions

• How to fashion a SQL query to connect the departures and arrivals of boarding passes to make one contiguous journey.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a technical interview through screen sharing. First, walk me through your resume, tell me about your projects. And there were many technical concepts questions. After that coding.
    The interviewer was really nice and she tried to comfort me throughout the process since I was really nervous. Even if I didn't get an offer it was a valuable experience.