Goldman Sachs Strat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Strat Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Global Strats team interview. Online coding challenge first, phone screen weeks later. Coding challenge consisted of two programming questions using whatever programming language. Phone interview with an SVP is behavioral plus technical for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• implement an algorithm to fit n ads in one youtube video to maximize profit   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Strats Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round is the online coding test. There were 2 problems with python and each has several following questions. All passed but still didn't get to the next stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One Phone Interview. Invited to Superday where there were 6 interviewers and 5 other candidates. Each interviewer had half an hour to ask whatever they wanted. Some interviewers were more prepared than others, but there was a good balance of the different types of interviews. Rejected a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical. Really all over the place. Some behavioral   1 Answer

Strat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from securities, basic programming questions , some vol arbitrage, linear algebra, superday with Strats from iMD and wealth management, only asked brain teasers and programming question, which is surprising given I come from a financial math background. Claimed preference for gsam and securities in the initial screening, and got arranged interviews with wealth management division who's obviously only interested in a glorified developer.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci coding, complexity, how to optimize the function, how to get all the prime number   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was really difficult; I'm not familiar with a lot of CS, since I'm only a freshman, so they asked difficult problems related to discrete math. And the interviewer was pretty intimidating and abrasive; I understand they need to be, though, since they need to understand precisely what skills the interviewee has. I can't 'blame' them; I only wish I had prepared more.

Strats Interview

Interview

I just got the 1st round interview and I did not make it in the phone, There should be more rounds to come, which I did not get the chance to see. My interview was via the phone.

Interview Questions

• Some of the data analysis methods and some programming questions. 3 questions of finance, which I did not know because my background is not finance.   Answer Question

Strats Interview

Interview

Final round was very difficult, they put you in a room with everyone else and called you out into little rooms for 30-min interviews. If you make it past the first round of 2 or 3 interviews, there are 3 more in the afternoon. Each interview is 2 interviewer.

Strats Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

on campus interview with a strats person about 45mins. Detailed question about everything about resume. Be prepared for every on your resume and for math and brainteaser questions. Also some programming questions, algorithms and programming languages......

After this, it is in-site interview. With a lot of people... All technical questions no behavior

Interview Questions

• detailed question about everything about resume. Be prepared for every on your resume and for math and brainteaser questions. Also some programming questions, algorithms and programming languages......   Answer Question

Strats Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

MD from Strats Division
    1.Describe the one of the quantitative project you think deserve to be mentioned most
    2.the distribution of the minimum of two independent exponential-distributed random variable
    3.the difference between t and normal distribution
    4.the usage of F distribution
    5.the usage of kai-square distribution
    6.what is the law of the large number
    7.put call parity
    8.how to detect a loop in a list without recording the nodes you have been visited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through school's career service, and had the first round on-campus interview. There were many students from engineering, especially computer science, and financial engineering/financial mathematics, and statistics. They ask questions upon your resume. The questions will vary with your background. Knowing the concepts is the most important but it will not be more than that appears on your midterm exams.

Interview Questions

• As a statistics question, they asked to solve specific statistics problem as well as to describe probability density function of normal and uniform distribution.   Answer Question
    • They asked to implement a program that finds a sub array with the highest sum among an array of integers.   1 Answer