Goldman Sachs Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.3

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Online coding test. Then 2 rounds phone interview. A super day of back to back 6 round interviews in Texas.
The coding test is easy if you have coding experience. Two thirds of the problems are math( probability and stochastic process) problem, the rest are programming problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Coding test --- Video Interview
    Coding test is on third-party platform, some question like Find the first Upper letter in a string
    If you pass the coding test, you will get a video interview to record your answers, questions like What if someone in the group not contribute
    They are quite standard questions for summer interns.
    BTW, I attended the info session in my university in new York, and we have registers with emails at the spot. This may be a plus in selecting students to give coding test?

Interview Questions

• Find the first Upper letter in a string
      What if someone in the group not contribute   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. Then got invite for Hirevue interview. Hirevue interview was more like a behavioural interview. Asked questions based on my resume and leadership and team work experiences. After couple of weeks got an invite for phone interview. It was a 45 minutes technical round. First told me about the role of strats in various teams, then worked on the question with me and in the end left sometime for me to ask questions. The interviewer was nice, friendly and patient.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had a fairly technical phone screen followed by a full day of in-house interviews several days later.
    In house I was asked to describe and implement several design patterns, as well as to discuss how red-black trees are rebalanced. The phone screen focused more on my resume, past projects and the like.

Interview Questions

• Implement a design pattern of your choice.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

That guy first introduced himself, then told me what their teams do, what the daily job looks like, an example in detail, background of their team members and left some time for Q&A

Interview Questions

• Write the pseudo code to get nth number of Fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On campus. 45 mins. Mostly background questions.The interviewer was a VP in NYC office. He was pretty serious and tired I think. But he was still patient though. I think he really wanted the interviewee to have a sense about investment banking.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2016.

Interview

For the first round interview we talked briefly about myself and then went directly into two technical questions. Most of the time was spent on the (first) financial question. Only about five minutes was spent on the coding question.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a program that tells you the better of two stocks.
      2) Write a program that finds the nth number of the Fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

started off with two rounds of one on one hone interviews. After there was as superday for final round. It was more one on one interviews. Mainly asked about my background, studies and internships. Technical questions were surprisingly few. They weren't too mentally challenging but they were easy to slip up on

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers, find the subarray with highest sum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

On-campus for 45 mins. went through resume. why goldman. why finance. was expecting technical questions but none however very deep discussion with my resume. Then Superday after a week. Morning with two strats with probability, brain teaser and some finance questions. Invite back for additional interviews for further evaluation. Test on data intuition, brain teaser again, stats, and a problem which I don't even know it falls into which category....

Interview Questions

• Why goldman, coin flips, expected time, brain teaser....   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2015.

Interview

First was half hour call from an HR, the HR did not have much knowledge about the industry and seems to be going down a list and taking notes on your answer. Then 45 min technical interview about basic knowledge in finance, probability and simple programming. The interviewer was nice and patient. However I didn't do well on the programming.