Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of meeting a recruiter on campus and discussing the application process, applying online and then moving into the interview rounds. You are asked to complete a HireVue interview which is general behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when..." type of questions. You are then contacted to schedule and interview at the office to which you applied and complete a networking event, which is general and a way to get to know other candidates, and then an interview the next day. The interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with 3 separate managers. One asks ethics based questions, another is meant to test your analytical experience based on your background and the third is about your diverse background and what you bring to the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman? Why this division? Why this city?   Answer Question
  • Hypothetical ethical situations that you may encounter in the workplace.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you completed a task that no one else thought you could. How did you use analytical skills to finish it?   Answer Question
  • What would your bosses or mentors say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength? What would you say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Soon after application there were 2 rounds of online test - one coding test followed by a brief pre-recorded interview (hirevue.com). The online interview only had 6 behavirol questions and only gave 2 minutes to answer each question.
    I received superday 2 months later. We had 4 rounds of one-to-one interview, 45 mins each. Applicants will be informed in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A asymmetric random walk with 1/3 left and 2/3 right, starts at position x=0 and one step left (x=-1) is a river (absorbing boundary), compute probability of dropping into river   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was completely online as I had to apply via the company website and at first it was a coding test and then it continued with the behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I have applied for this post on the company's website and it was a digital interview but before the interview I had a coding test which was of 45 min and even the interview was of 45min.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was interviewed using the HireVue software. This was my first digital interview and definitely felt much different than an in person interview. The questions were mostly all behavioral with one simple technical question. I tried to focus on not watching myself as that was quite distracting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision, and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Goldman Sachs started using a new video interview software to screen out candidates. There are two stages with the first being more general questions about yourself and your motivations behind applying to goldman. Second stage video interview focuses on technicals and department specific questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

it was an online application followed by a video interview. the interview contained general behavioral questions for first round. video recording was a different experience. super day is much harder and more technical

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended a Goldman event at my school that convinced me to apply. I did a bit of research online and then applied for the Securities Division in New York.

After a week or so I was invited to a video interview. The questions were pretty predictable: Why Goldman? Talk about an asset class you're interested in? What does Securities do? What does the division which was my second choice do? Tell me about a time you worked well in a team? etc. It took about 15 minutes

A few weeks later I was asked to attend a 'Superday' in New York, which was all expenses paid, including flight and one night in a hotel suit which was ridiculous. The structure of a Superday is 3 half an hour interviews back to back.

I had spoken to people who had interned in Securities last year and they'd given me their interview questions. They had been grilled on market questions, even though they didn't have a background in finance; price of oil, FED interest changes, bond yields etc. They had also had an interview that focused on situational judgement and another on their CV

I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to answer any of these, as I don't come from a finance background, so I read up quite a bit, reading a book on financial markets and the financial times. This was completely unnecessary as all of my questions were based on my CV/personality and situational judgement. All of the interviewers were very friendly and I was a little surprised that I wasn't given more of a going over.

I was phoned afterwards and offered a place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team project you worked on recently?   1 Answer