Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.1

414 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very rigorous, involving several interviews back to back. The questions ranged from simple fit questions to more complex conceptual questions to evaluate how I thought. You need to show an interest in the firm and Investment Banking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online application, and I applied to three different departments. I was requested a video interview through hirevue. There were behavioral questions as well as questions about specific departments I applied to.

Interview Questions

• What role does HCM play when a company starts a new division?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There was a lot of behaviorals. Why are you here? What do you know about the department? It is very easy, you'll do fine. You do only get one try online though per video.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of meeting a recruiter on campus and discussing the application process, applying online and then moving into the interview rounds. You are asked to complete a HireVue interview which is general behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when..." type of questions. You are then contacted to schedule and interview at the office to which you applied and complete a networking event, which is general and a way to get to know other candidates, and then an interview the next day. The interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with 3 separate managers. One asks ethics based questions, another is meant to test your analytical experience based on your background and the third is about your diverse background and what you bring to the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman? Why this division? Why this city?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical ethical situations that you may encounter in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you completed a task that no one else thought you could. How did you use analytical skills to finish it?   Answer Question
    • What would your bosses or mentors say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength? What would you say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Soon after application there were 2 rounds of online test - one coding test followed by a brief pre-recorded interview (hirevue.com). The online interview only had 6 behavirol questions and only gave 2 minutes to answer each question.
    I received superday 2 months later. We had 4 rounds of one-to-one interview, 45 mins each. Applicants will be informed in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A asymmetric random walk with 1/3 left and 2/3 right, starts at position x=0 and one step left (x=-1) is a river (absorbing boundary), compute probability of dropping into river   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was completely online as I had to apply via the company website and at first it was a coding test and then it continued with the behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I have applied for this post on the company's website and it was a digital interview but before the interview I had a coding test which was of 45 min and even the interview was of 45min.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I sent in my app, was selected for a HireVue, then selected for a Superday. It consisted of 3 separate interviews with two VP's or MD's in each. The people were very nice but they expect a lot out of their candidates.