Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

3.1

452 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I submitted online application and was invited to do the hirevue. The questions were mostly behavioral and pretty easy. I didn't get invited for the superday though. Would recommend practicing the questions found on glassdoor a lot before doing it

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied for an engineering internship. The first round interview consists of a quiz and video recorded interview. The quiz is based on programming, math, or both; this depends on what subdivision of engineering you apply to. The quiz is administered online, and is nothing to be worried about. Most of the questions are straight forward, but there are parts that are meant to seperate the A's from the A-'s. The online interview is awkward, but fine. Pretty short so you need to think quickly just like a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• Given some ethical dilemma in the workplace, would you do the right thing even if it hurt someones feelings?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

10 question video interview that screened for potential candidates through personality and technical questions. Not too difficult but no retries for the questions, only one try and a minute to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Experience of a time I worked in a team.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was the Engineering Super Day, consisting of 2-round interviews with people from 3 groups. The interviews were a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Before that, there was a digital interview via HireVue.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I got to the first round interview by efficiently networking throughout the summer of 2017. I received a video interview and attended an insight day. Following this, I received an invite to a superday.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your professor accidentally emailed you something confidential meant for another student?   Answer Question
    • Misc. team work related questions   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview with prerecorded questions. I had 6 questions, each with 30 seconds of prep time and about 3 minutes to answer. It was mostly behavioral and ethical questions, and no "tell me about yourself" segment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were working with another manager on a confidential project and your manager needed information about it from you to make an important business decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was virtual on HireVue. Definitely practice beforehand otherwise it's awkward. Also, division specific questions are about all divisions that you applied for, not just the one stated on the interview. Questions were behavioral then about each division.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were in an uncomfortable or new situation? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2017.

Interview

Goldman found my resume in a resume book at an event I went to and called me by surprise to see if i would be interested in a summer analyst internal controller in Salt Lake City. I was encouraged to apply and within a day I got invited to a conference phone call with interview tips. The next week I received a hirevue interview. Questions were behavioral and one question about the division I applied. Very hard questions

Interview Questions

• If one of your classmates was sick and obtained a copy of the final exam test bank and offered it to you, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What’s something you were passionate about and had obstacles to over come?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Goldman Sachs's website. I completed a coding challenge and was invited to do HireVue interview. Two weeks after the HireVue interview, I got invited for their Engineering Superday in New York. I am still waiting to hear back

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First interview was through an online platform. Then, they bring you to their office for a Super Day where you go through in person interviews. Process took between 4-8 weeks.