Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

420 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process had two rounds. Each 45 minutes. It was mostly behavioral and down the line a few technical questions. The panel members were very sweet, it wasn’t intimidating. Even if I couldn’t answer a question, they gave me hints on how to answer it.

Interview Questions

• Sample Question :
    How would you react if a member of your team had made a mistake but refuses to accept it ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Virtual Interview then was flown out for a Superday. Interviews consisted of 3 30 minute back to back to back interviews. They were pretty easy, just be ready for interviewers to ask follow up questions to your answers.

Interview Questions

• How does Goldman Sachs make their money?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I submit the application online and went to the career fair. the video interview was okay. no offer tho. There is a question about ethnic dilemma which really threw me off. wish i had prepared earlier.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very rigorous, involving several interviews back to back. The questions ranged from simple fit questions to more complex conceptual questions to evaluate how I thought. You need to show an interest in the firm and Investment Banking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 algorithm questions only, like what we did on leetcode. I applied online, and get the interview the next day. And then get the video interview a week after. The video interview has 4 questions which is medium to answer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online application, and I applied to three different departments. I was requested a video interview through hirevue. There were behavioral questions as well as questions about specific departments I applied to.

Interview Questions

• What role does HCM play when a company starts a new division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a hireview and I got a superday about two weeks later. A few technicals but mostly about fit and made sure you understood what this position entailed. Really making sure about whether you were a fit for the firm than whether you knew every single financial term.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There was a lot of behaviorals. Why are you here? What do you know about the department? It is very easy, you'll do fine. You do only get one try online though per video.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of meeting a recruiter on campus and discussing the application process, applying online and then moving into the interview rounds. You are asked to complete a HireVue interview which is general behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when..." type of questions. You are then contacted to schedule and interview at the office to which you applied and complete a networking event, which is general and a way to get to know other candidates, and then an interview the next day. The interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with 3 separate managers. One asks ethics based questions, another is meant to test your analytical experience based on your background and the third is about your diverse background and what you bring to the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman? Why this division? Why this city?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical ethical situations that you may encounter in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you completed a task that no one else thought you could. How did you use analytical skills to finish it?   Answer Question
    • What would your bosses or mentors say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength? What would you say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question