Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

406 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview was hard. It was over the phone, and the interviewer was not very friendly. The interview questions were hard and very specific questions about the markets and Goldman Sachs. They also asked the general about you questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One 30 minute nontechnical phone interview and two 45 minute very technical interviews with technical personnel. The people interviewing me were very bright. Knew about all the various services I was talking about and as a result asked how they worked, why i chose x over y, etc. Also, they look at your github beforehand if you put it on your resume.

Everyone that I interviewed with and talked to was SUPER nice and willing/ready to help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat salary for SW interns. It's more than enough. I promise.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Sent resume to a campus recruiter, was selected for an on campus interview. The interview process consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. One was with two people and was mostly behavioral, the other was with one person and it was heavily technical. Since I am a finance student they expected a lot more knowledge of investment banking than any college student would know unless they had been studying investment banking concepts for months ahead of time. The interview was overall a good experience for me because now every other interview I have seems incredibly easy compared to this one! Also the interviewers were very nice and seemed to care about what I had to say, but I knew coming out of the interview I would definitely not be getting another one.

Interview Questions

• How many grocery stores are in the United States?
      How do you value a company? Examples...
      Other technical questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Miami, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

PWM

Interview Questions

• Walk me a through a recent issue our firm has gone through.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I went through 10 interviews. The first one was on site at my university campus. Typical behavioral interview. Pretty much to see if you are a likable person, and have a minimum level of technical competency. The other 9 interviews were back to back, in New York City. Very diverse interviewers... very different interviews every time. They will expect you to know about things you have on your resumé (should be a given, but yeah).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question wasn't difficult because it was necessarily a hard question, but because the interviewer had a cold, emotionless expression the entire time. It was impossible to read her. Makes you doubt whether or not she found your answer adequate.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

They conducted an online test for short listing students for interviews. In the interview round, several technical interviews and one hr interview. They find a suitable team for the candidate depending on interests.

Interview Questions

• Mostly probability,data structures and algorithms questions along with few puzzles and questions about myself.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of meeting a recruiter on campus and discussing the application process, applying online and then moving into the interview rounds. You are asked to complete a HireVue interview which is general behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when..." type of questions. You are then contacted to schedule and interview at the office to which you applied and complete a networking event, which is general and a way to get to know other candidates, and then an interview the next day. The interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with 3 separate managers. One asks ethics based questions, another is meant to test your analytical experience based on your background and the third is about your diverse background and what you bring to the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman? Why this division? Why this city?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical ethical situations that you may encounter in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you completed a task that no one else thought you could. How did you use analytical skills to finish it?   Answer Question
    • What would your bosses or mentors say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength? What would you say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was completely online as I had to apply via the company website and at first it was a coding test and then it continued with the behavioral interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2016.

Interview

HireVue digital interview. Around 6-7 questions. Most are behavior questions, the rest are targeted to the specific department you applied. Each question contains like 2-3 mini questions to answer. Facing a laptop can't see a real person makes it hard. Also some questions I found it was difficult to answer all the points in 2 mins.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any specific area you want to improve (or similar question).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

on campus interview, then a super day session at the firm headquarters. It was a pretty strenuous process, most interview sessions were with multiple people. I was asked both fit questions and technical questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at GS   1 Answer