Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I have applied for this post on the company's website and it was a digital interview but before the interview I had a coding test which was of 45 min and even the interview was of 45min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was completely online as I had to apply via the company website and at first it was a coding test and then it continued with the behavioral interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

two interview within two weeks with 3 days prior notice.
    First interview was with two people who worked for company between 2-5 years and the second interview was with the people who have been there for at least 7 years.

The final stage was pretty technical and required detailed information about the previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• general behavioural questions at the 1st stage interview, and very technical and experiences focused questions at the second interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Soon after application there were 2 rounds of online test - one coding test followed by a brief pre-recorded interview (hirevue.com). The online interview only had 6 behavirol questions and only gave 2 minutes to answer each question.
    I received superday 2 months later. We had 4 rounds of one-to-one interview, 45 mins each. Applicants will be informed in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A asymmetric random walk with 1/3 left and 2/3 right, starts at position x=0 and one step left (x=-1) is a river (absorbing boundary), compute probability of dropping into river   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended a Goldman event at my school that convinced me to apply. I did a bit of research online and then applied for the Securities Division in New York.

After a week or so I was invited to a video interview. The questions were pretty predictable: Why Goldman? Talk about an asset class you're interested in? What does Securities do? What does the division which was my second choice do? Tell me about a time you worked well in a team? etc. It took about 15 minutes

A few weeks later I was asked to attend a 'Superday' in New York, which was all expenses paid, including flight and one night in a hotel suit which was ridiculous. The structure of a Superday is 3 half an hour interviews back to back.

I had spoken to people who had interned in Securities last year and they'd given me their interview questions. They had been grilled on market questions, even though they didn't have a background in finance; price of oil, FED interest changes, bond yields etc. They had also had an interview that focused on situational judgement and another on their CV

I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to answer any of these, as I don't come from a finance background, so I read up quite a bit, reading a book on financial markets and the financial times. This was completely unnecessary as all of my questions were based on my CV/personality and situational judgement. All of the interviewers were very friendly and I was a little surprised that I wasn't given more of a going over.

I was phoned afterwards and offered a place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team project you worked on recently?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First round for a 10w summer internship. The interview was online via the software HireVue. 5 behavioral questions. Not the most typical questions for a job interview (no technical, no question about my CV). However, the questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you experienced a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the position of Summer Analyst has 3 rounds:
    First, Coding round - two questions
    Second, Digital Interview - 9 behavioral questions
    Third, Personal interview depending on the office locations - 3 interviews with a panel of 6. 30 mins/interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round: submit online application, Second Round: Hirevue interview process (online interview), Third Round: Superday (have one 30min interview in the morning and have 2 more interviews if you advance to the next round)

Interview Questions

• Q. How did you tackle difficulties?   1 Answer