Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

405 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Pre-recorded interview on HireVue. It was pretty simple and straight to the point. They want to know you and get a feel for your analytical thinking--That's what I concluded because of the short prep and talk time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I only made it to the video interview, it was brief and consisted of five non-technical questions. You had 2 mins to answer each one and 30 seconds to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. I had one virtual interview prior to being flown out to Jersey City, NJ for the Superday. The interviewers were very nice and willing to help should you need it. There was a good mix of fit and technical questions, but nothing too too difficult. Make sure to review most of the information you can find on Glassdoor and other basic finance interview platforms.

Interview Questions

• What are the methods of valuation? Walk me through a DCF.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Pre-recorded video interview via HireVue system. The questions were basic but the impersonal nature of the interview left something to be desired. Also feel like the lack of human contact threw me off my game.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you analyzed trends in the market/an industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a series of six recorded submissions online. I had 30 seconds to prepare my answer after receiving the question, and 2 minutes to answer. The question was presented to me as a video recording from a recruited, and the question is writing showed up on the screen while I answered.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2016.

Interview

Its a digital interview and all questions were behavioral and each of them were separated into several small points and I tried to answer all of them in 2 min

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the quant and strats group online. The whole process took 4+ weeks. First round was a online video interview. All behavioral questions. Waited 2 weeks for a technical phone call interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and through my school's recruiting system. Three weeks after I submitted my application, I received an email invitation for online interview, which lasted about 20 min. The entire interview was conducted through HireVire(or something like that) and was prerecorded. It was also possible to practice with their practice questions for unlimited time beforehand

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

online interview.
    digital interview.
    have chance to do some warm up and practice.
    5 formal questions total, each one takes about 2 min.
    each questions will allow 30 sec of preparation.
    online interview.
    digital interview.
    have chance to do some warm up and practice.
    5 formal questions total, each one takes about 2 min.
    each questions will allow 30 sec of preparation.

Interview Questions

• general questions,
      what is your most important experience during your career and why.
      what is the hardest problem you have ever encountered? how you dealt with it?
      tell us about your core expertise and a project related to them.
      general questions,
      what is your most important experience during your career and why.
      what is the hardest problem you have ever encountered? how you dealt with it?
      tell us about your core expertise and a project related to them.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On campus interview. A few weeks later heard that I got on on-site superday. Flew in for the super-day which lasted the morning and the better half of the afternoon. Total of 6 interviews, all behavioral (tell me about yourself, accomplishments, etc...) and market focused (state of the economy, pitching a stock, investment theory, Warren Buffet style questions)