Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.1

466 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

1) Hackerrank test for programming and math.
2) Behavioral pre-recorded interview on Hireview

After the completion of the above two, they got back in 14 days about the super-day in Jerse City office.

Two interviews back-to-back for 45 mins each, followed by a networking session.

The HR people and interviewers were amicable, cooperative and helpful.

Got back with the results in 10 days.

Great experience.

Interview Questions

• How to find if a number is divisible by 9?   Answer Question
  • How to find if a number is divisible by 11?   Answer Question
  • You know the price movement of the stock for today because you’re God. But you cannot short-sell and you can only make one trade. So how would you make the most profit?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First, an online math test on Hackerrank. Then, I got a video interview, mainly asking behavioral questions. Last, they invited people to superday at NYC, traveling fees were paid by the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process took over 3 weeks.
    1) Coding round (2 easy technical questions)
    2) Behavioral round (video recording) (4 questions with a timer of 1 minute each)
    3) Onsite interview (two 45 minute back to back interviews)

Interview Questions

• implement min_element() function in a standard stack which returns value in O(1) .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Got online coding challenge and a follow up video interview. The coding is very easy if familiar with algorithm. And the video interview is on HireVue and are all behavior questions. The process is pretty fast. Got the test several days after submitting the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

They sent me a request for an online interview through HireVue where they gave me 5 questions. I received the questions via video and had 30 seconds to formulate an answer and 2 minutes to respond. They never got back to me. I would imagine someone didn't even view it. They asked me the wrong divisional question. I sent then an e-mail about this issue and they never resolved it. Overall I thought it was unprofessional, and I was expected better from Goldman.

Interview Questions

• Would you be better at client side at Investment Banking Division, or more of the acute side?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you failed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a HackerRank challenge with simple data structure problems. This was followed by a HireVue link about a couple days later. About 2 weeks after I completed my HireVue, I got an invitation for an onsite interview in SLC, which consisted of 2 back-to-back 45 minute interviews, each with 2 engineers/team managers. These interviews had a technical component (similar difficulty level to the HackerRank) but also a lot of behavioral questions. I got an offer 2 weeks after. The whole process went very smoothly, and the team was very quick to reply to all my email inquiries, and was very helpful in assisting me with my offer decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

1st round was virtual, 2nd round was Skype interview and 3rd round was a super day where I met with 9 people in total. Overall, pretty straightforward but the questions they asked were a little ridiculous for a first semester junior in college who is not a finance major.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very rigorous, involving several interviews back to back. The questions ranged from simple fit questions to more complex conceptual questions to evaluate how I thought. You need to show an interest in the firm and Investment Banking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a hire view of 6 questions all divisional was applying for operations and services. make sure to know the role the divisions play. Was called a week later to interview for operations and 3 weeks after to interview for services. for this round make sure to look at the questions posted on glassdoor.

The questions were mainly behavioral and want to know how you think. make sure to know your resume really well and don't be intimidated by the interviewers they are very nice. make sure you highlight team experience and analytical projects you've done. Be yourself in the interview, if you made it to superday, you made it far, and understand that there is no way to describe a perfect candidate, they will not just hire someone that is extremely qualified, but someone they think is nice and can work with them. They will hire you if they think you are a match to work for them.

Interview Questions

• hireview: how does ops division mitigate risk? why this location? why this major?
      if we opened a new building in chicago what would be the role of the services division?
      if you know the president of the student body is cheating walk us through the process of what would you do?

superday: tell me about an analytical project? a mistake in your past internship? how you handle difficulty in a team? what about division interests you? why goldman? tell me about yourself? how you go about analyzing a big set of data? what would you do if you had no guidance in a project with a short deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 algorithm questions only, like what we did on leetcode. I applied online, and get the interview the next day. And then get the video interview a week after. The video interview has 4 questions which is medium to answer.