Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Securities Division New York Office. First round interview is a 30 minute face-to-face interview conducted by an HR of the company. Most questions were behavioral. Technical questions include "Tell me about the market" and "Pitch me a stock". The HR did not seem interested and didn't ask a followup question. We finished all the questions she asked me within 15 minutes, and we spent another five minutes with me asking her questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

They flew me out after submitting my resume through my university's career portal. All behavioral questions, two interview rounds with two interviewers in each round. Mainly it was about teamwork and fit, as long as your resume is competitive, they just screen for ability to work well and mainly are trying to place you in the department. Some other people indicated to be that their questions where much more difficult to answer like "Why is your GPA so low?" so if your resume isn't rock solid then you may have to anticipate interviewers probing those gaps. For me personally though, that wasn't an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Good and two rounds , tech and behavioral rounds each of 30 minutes each back to back. behavioral being easy and tech being challenging. Overall an average experience and didnt get any offer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

2 hour back to back interviews with 8 people - very intense. And lots of repetitive questions. pretty much got asked the same questions that people posted on here so as long as you study for it, you'll do fine. But just keep in mind, no jargons. Because they would really ask to to explain every single big words you use in the interview. It'll be impressive if you really got a good understanding of it but if not, you're kinda screwed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening which lasted around half an hour. The phone interviewer asked a lot about my resume and took questions about Goldman Sachs. Then, I went in for the technology superday. Two back to back 45 minute interviews with two interviewers each, followed by a networking session. Everything was very well organized and everybody was pretty friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

People are really nice in the Finance division, always smiling and happy to chat during the interviews. They really care about why you like this job and why you think you are a good fit for their group. Just be passionate about the job you're applying to and show your positiveness.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long process. I spent more time waiting to hear anything from them then actually talking to them. Phone interview is very brief and does not allow to fully evaluate a candidate. Though the office visit was nice and people are very talented.

Interview Questions

• Why you think you would be a good candidate fort his role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the position of Summer Analyst has 3 rounds:
    First, Coding round - two questions
    Second, Digital Interview - 9 behavioral questions
    Third, Personal interview depending on the office locations - 3 interviews with a panel of 6. 30 mins/interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I come from a non-target school. My resume was expedited due to a contact in recruiting. After a very short (15 minute) phone screening, I was green lighted for a final round interview in their New York offices. I went in for my Super Day and met with five members of the Equities Research group. It was very casual, fun, and they were all very willing to answer questions and converse with me. I received my offer the next day.
    Prospective applicants should be sure to know their resume and don't be afraid to reach out to current analysts to ask questions before your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a short interview at Goldman Sachs' booth at the SHPE 2015 Conference. A phone screen followed up. Pretty much questions about my resume. I got called for Super Day in Jersey City and had two 45 minute interviews over there. One of them very technical. Interviewed with two people on each. Tricky questions, brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Array of numbers. One of these numbers does not have a pair. How do you find it?   1 Answer