Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Summer Analyst position in Hong Kong. I received a phone interview from an employee (from Singapore) working in the same division that I am applying. He spent some time asking for more details about my resume, and his behavioral questions branched off from my experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with situations at work when something is ethically wrong to you?
    Explain a time when you worked with a team.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through the career website and got a call after a month for phone screening with basic behavioral Questions. I did not receive any technical questions, which I initially prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Why would be a good fit for our department?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your university and major?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about teamwork situation - What was you responsibility? What you were good at? What you failed at?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about about one class you enjoyed and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about one time you failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with Technology division following a diversity program. Thus, my first round interview was on-site. It was a combination of technical and behavioral interview. I walked through my resume and answered several easy java questions. The superday was two two-to-one interviews and was a mix between technical and behavioral questions too. They will ask you questions based on your explanations on your resume, so do know the stuff on your resume and pick the ones you know the most to talk about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The behavioral part of the interview is very friendly and informational. You should know about Goldman Sachs and why you are interested in them. They try to ask you questions based on what you put on your resume. For example, I put SQL so they asked me to solve database problems.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of SQL database questions and how I would store information and use it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and they flew me in for an interview. They paid for everything and even gave me a credit card for all my purchases or spending when I was in town. The interviewers were very kind and accommodating and understanding. I loved the whole experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was at GHC and had a 1st round interview there. Lots of questions related with how you collaborate in a team. Then they let me to explain how to implement a priority queue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

1.On campus 2 person, 30 min each. One is talk about previous experience, which focus on your communication skills. Another is technical queations like how to design a data structure to solve a problem

2.On site 1. Tech interview with 2 person 2. Behavior queations with one person

Interview Questions

• 1.Behavior questions about my resume
      2.Tech Queation 1. design database
                                  2. 2-sum Algorithm
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted all my materials online through the GS Web portal. I was later contacted to do group specific interviews with the Financial Sponsors Group. I had a series of three interviews, one of which included two interviewers simultaneously. Overall, I found this group to be friendly and not very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you are a financial sponsor and you buy a company for $500M and sell the same company a few years later for $500M, do you make any money?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was at the SWE Conference, where On site Interviews were held. It was about 30 minutes and behavioral questions were asked. It mainly about how well you work in a group and how self developed you are. This was Round 1

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: How would you handle and analyze large amounts of data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward interview with the HCM department. I applied online and then again through my school's career center website in October. l was called in for super day in November 2015, we had first rounds (one interview), a few hours later they called to let us know if we made it to the second round (two more interviews), and then we were free to go. It was overall what you might expect from an interview with HCM; the questions were on fit, experience, and why GS. The interviewers were all very nice and the candidate pool was very friendly and warming. I was called with an offer 3 business days later.