Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jan 24, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First round for a 10w summer internship. The interview was online via the software HireVue. 5 behavioral questions. Not the most typical questions for a job interview (no technical, no question about my CV). However, the questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you experienced a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Apply for HK IBD office. Receive the Digital Interview Invitation after 1 month, still wait for the next round. Did the interview through Hirevue interview. Less pressure because you are facing less real interaction with people. Can be well prepared if go over possiable behavior questions and background questions.

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to GS?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2016.

Interview

pre-recorded digital interview.
    someone will read the questions out, and it also appears in text.
    30 seconds to prepare, 2 min to answer
    can practice as many times as you like before you decide to continue to the formal interview, but of course the practice questions are not the real interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

first is application - 200 word cover letter;
    second stage - digital interview - 30 seconds to read the questions and 2 minutes to answer (rejected after this) - around 8 questions in total

Interview Questions

• Asked division-specific Qs
      - (realty management) what is in your opinion the most successful class of real estate assets?
      - what do you think IBD analysts do on daily basis?
      Personal
      - tell us about a time you had to coach someone
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview at Goldman Sachs London. There were 2 30-minutes interviews. One was competency based, fairly simple. One was a bit more difficult, focusing on the case study.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs? , Walk me through your CV   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

2 Rounds:
     1st: Test followed by competency interview and then an interview to discuss your solutions to the test.
     2nd: 3 separate interviews involving technical interview, Scenario interview and competency interview.

Each interview lasts about 30 minutes and the test was about 20 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

two interview within two weeks with 3 days prior notice.
    First interview was with two people who worked for company between 2-5 years and the second interview was with the people who have been there for at least 7 years.

The final stage was pretty technical and required detailed information about the previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• general behavioural questions at the 1st stage interview, and very technical and experiences focused questions at the second interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process had 2 rounds - first round consisted of a logical thinking test (designing algorithm to find best return investment strategy on 2 stocks) and second round consisted of 3 interviews. First round had 2 interviews: one on the logical test and the other basic why GS, why Tech. Second round had 3 interviews with 2 competency-based on 1 slightly more technical. The level of technicality depends on how much you claim to know about programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

30 min easy exam. 1 interview about this exam. 1 classical interview about your resume. and then 3 other random behavioural interview. If you are selected, you'll have an anwser in 24h. If you are not good enought you'll also get an anwser in 24h but if you succesfully pass the final round, you get placed into a pool of candidates, and every Friday they pick whoever they need. It took them 1,5 months to tell me I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• A Client calls you at 7pm, he wants a new functionality by 8am. You are not allowed to work overnight. The Client does not want to hang up. What do you do?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Online application requiring CV and cover letter. Applied early September and was invited for an interview in early November. 30 minute interview - very relaxed. Was asked legal questions as a result of my legal studies. Also lots of competency questions.