Goldman Sachs Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Met a recruiter on campus at a information session, followed up with him and landed a phone interview. Initial phone interview was under an hour, mainly behavioral. Second round was on site, consisting of four interviews with a different pair of interviewers each.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions going through resume experience and education, looking for passions and active interest in the markets.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I was sent to SLC for an interview after networking with one of the Goldman Sachs employees at a recruiting event on campus. The interview process in SLC consisted of two thirty minute long interviews as well as a site tour. Overall great experience. All the staff was very friendly and obviously very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team?
      Tell me about a recent macroeconomic trend?
      Teach me an accounting concept.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Phila, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

an hour long interview with 2 sessions: one behavioral and one technical. technical one focuses on a system design: to describe a grading system for selecting three candidates. 3 steps. asks for improvement with my first design.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online (not with university), receive hackerrank and then an email a few weeks after inviting me for super day. Very surprising that a company like GS would have such an unorganized recruitment process in my experience. I was told to be ready to arrive on-site in Jersey City by 8AM. I don't like in the area so I had to take transportation there. Once I got there the night before, they sent me an email telling me my actual interview was at 1:00 so I should be there at 12:40... When I got to their office they give me further notice my interview is /actually/ 3:30... I felt like I was sent on a wild goose chase for no reason.

The questions I was asked were very general. I felt like I had prepared for the wrong thing (studied financial mathematics topics) because I was asked 1 basic competition math question and 1 basic coding question. I wish I had just spent time reviewing those cute tricks in math instead

Interview Questions

• You have a pile of rocks that you may divide in any ratio you choose. You write down the product of the stone-counts of the piles you create. You repeat this recursively until a pile is only 1 stone and stop. What is the closed form solution of the sum of these products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through two different interviews. One was through HireVue and then the final interview was done at the Salt Lake City office. The Superday in Salt Lake was composed of three different interviews (with 2 interviewers in each room) that lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your friend asked you cheat on a piece of homework that you wouldn't be able to complete without cheating?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

there is video interview before 3days to deadline and question is not that difficult. There are many source in youtube. In super day, they asked me technical and personal questions. Be yourself! Be confident!

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview was very tecnical as economic and financial questions were asked. There were also behavioral questions about my traits and my experience with other people. Overall pretty hard interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

The first round was an online technical round. Four programming questions. You can select any language. Ten quantitative questions. The second round was online behavioral questions. I got rejection after the second round.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures and String manipulation questions on first programming test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The first round was Hackerrank coding challenge. It had Leetcode easy/medium questions. One was based on using Hashmap. It was followed by Hirevue video round and final on-site interview consisting of two rounds.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2019.

Interview

Phone screen. First 15 minutes on resume questions and another 15 minutes on linear regression and probability questions. Make sure you know the details of your projects. He also asks questions related to simple probability problems, such as pokers.

Interview Questions

• When does x regress on y and y regress on x would be the same.   Answer Question