Goldman Sachs Summer Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Operations Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Dallas, Salt Lake City, and New York City. Interviewed in person in Salt Lake City. Did an online webcam interview and was then invited in for an in-person interview, 3 rounds. Very nice office and very nice group of people. Interviewing was very straightforward and a lot of the resources available to prepare were provided by GS online.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed online through Hirevue and was invited to the SLC office for a superday. Three back-to-back interviews, 30 minutes each. Each round had two interviewers who asked a series of behavioral questions, situational questions, and questions about previous internship/work experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Invited to take part of a super day in Salt Lake City. Consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews with 1-2 interviewers each. All the questions were the exact same as what I found on Glassdoor. They were incredibly friendly and conversational. Know your resume well and be able to apply whatever you're studying to operations.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled low performers when working on group assignments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

A few days after applying online, received an email to do a virtual interview. A week later was invited to Irving office for Super Day interviews. Received an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Walk through of resume (know it backwards and forwards)
      What about operations interests you?
      Why GS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was during a career fair they attended, a couple of days after that interview I was invited to attend the operations Superday that same Friday. For the superday they pay for all expenses and set you up in a nice hotel right next to their manhattan offices. There is an information session Thursday evening that I definitely recommend since you get a chance to meet some employees and get information about the division and interview process.

The superday consists of three back to back interviews, I was scheduled for the 8:30 am - 10:00 am time slot. Most of the questions where behavioral and about my resume and experience. The interviewers where extremely nice and casual, each interview lasted 30 minutes. Know your resume pretty well and prepare questions for the interviewers. You dont need to ask for emails for thank you notes, I asked the HR representative arranging the process beforehand.

I got the call with the offer of employment that same Monday. The process overall was extremely quick, less than two weeks passed since my first interview until the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was online via HireVue after which I was invited to come interview at their Jersey City office. The interview process there was three separate 40 minute or so interviews during which I was asked a blend of questions regarding situational response, behavior, ethics, academics, etc. The process was simple but rigorous.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell about a time when you....? In situation XYZ what would you do? Tell me about your resume?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied through university. 2 back to back interviews on campus with 2 interviewer for each interview. Also met the interviewers from previous mock-interview session on campus. Went through everything on your resume and then a few concept questions. Had a nice conversation with the interviewers at the end "do you have any questions for us" session.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...Pretty much, you can't fold under pressure because there will be a lot of pressure and time sensitive situations. So definitely prepare for the "Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended and how you reacted. Definitely stress that you keep your poise and have a problem solving mentality.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   3 Answers

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There were two back to back 30min interviews, asked common behavioral questions and about my experience. Know your resume well and make sure you can pull examples to answer their questions. Also asked some questions about ethics and what being ethical means.

Interview Questions

• When you are part of a group project what is usually your role   Answer Question