Goldman Sachs Summer Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.9

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

HireVue then one-two weeks later I was contacted through email for an in- person interview. The night before the interview there was a reception where we meet current first year employees and got to learn more about the company and the workplace. Typically hear back after 2 weeks from the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many parking meters are in Downtown Salt Lake City?   Answer Question
  • Rank these three things in order of importance: risk management, efficiency, customer service.   Answer Question
  • If you were working on a project with team members who had opposing ideas, how would you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • Why would you like to work with GS? Specifically Operations? Specifically Salt Lake City?   Answer Question
  • How did you go beyond a project to better enhance your abilities in an area that was not your strongest?   Answer Question
  • HireVue: Why Operations?   Answer Question
  • HireVue: If you were working on a project with international students how would you promote inclusivity and how would you stop and resistance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX).

Interview

After the resume screening process, candidates are given a link to complete a digital interview online. If they make it past this stage, they come in to their local office for a series of three in-person interviews all on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a manager asked you to do something unethical?
      What does Goldman Sachs do?
      All behavioral questions as well as general knowledge about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, did HireVue, then was invited to Superday. Three 30 minute one-on-one interviews back to back to back. Mainly behavioral/fit type questions. Haven't heard back yet (36 hours later), but am assuming I won't be given an offer unless told otherwise.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was overall a great experience. Interviewed my first round over a hirevue and received an invitation for a super day in New York about a day after my hirevue. Super day was structured as 3 back to back to back 30 min interviews with 2 being two on one and 1 being one on one. Very behavioral and about yourself, few technical and ethical questions and scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boulder, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application through their website. Got an interview time approx. two weeks after. It was done online through the HireVue portal. It was little weird to talk to the computer and not to another person, but after practicing couple times it got easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation you have faced where circumstances have changed quickly. How did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a Hirevue interview then a week later got emailed to fly to their offices in the DFW area. (All paid for by them). Three 30 minute interviews. They're not hard but I'm assuming my answers weren't strong enough. Know your resume like the back of your hand. I got rejected by a phone call.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The first round was a virtual interview via Hirevue. They had prerecorded questions - almost all behavioral and a couple division/location specific questions. The next round was a super day at the office that consisted of 3 back to back in person interviews with either 1 or 2 employees/recruiters. Again mostly behavioral and division specific.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
    The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
    The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
    After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
    These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Dallas, Salt Lake City, and New York City. Interviewed in person in Salt Lake City. Did an online webcam interview and was then invited in for an in-person interview, 3 rounds. Very nice office and very nice group of people. Interviewing was very straightforward and a lot of the resources available to prepare were provided by GS online.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed online through Hirevue and was invited to the SLC office for a superday. Three back-to-back interviews, 30 minutes each. Each round had two interviewers who asked a series of behavioral questions, situational questions, and questions about previous internship/work experiences.