Goldman Sachs Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Did one assessment online with Hackerrank, it was quite easy, after which I waited for about a month and a half before getting invited to onsite, I did pretty well I think but they decided not to extend an offer

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team expect to be unable to meet the deadline for current iteration.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

HireVue and Coding Challenge, nothing out of the ordinary. Superday consists of two rounds of back-to-back interviews, 45 minutes each followed by a networking session. Many people online said that the interviews are behavioral question focused, but this was not for my case. Both rounds, the interviewer asked me a really quick behavioral question (probably 10 minutes each), everything else are technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a position that you know you don't have the necessary skills, what would you do?   2 Answers
    • Givin a 2d array, O represents an island, and X represents water. Find the number of islands. (adjacent islands counts as one)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I joined the super day in New York. 2 interviews when onsite. Questions ranging from behavior, resume, to coding. People are friendly. Interviewees are competitive. The working environment is excellent.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with five different teams on a super day, due to the short format the teams generally asked to work through a coding problem based on existing code. The IT role asked how I would buy components to build my own computer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First completed HackerRank online, and a video interview, and at last two rounds onsite in New York. The onsite interview process was really rice, which is called Super Day. The interview was mostly behavioral plus some technical questions about data structures, or anytime you talk about yourself (for example, I talked about database so they asked about it).

Interview Questions

• Data structures + behavioral, maybe more emphasis of behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Got recruited through LinkedIn, a recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone call, after that I got a HackerRank challenge with two questions (45 minutes each) then received a Hirevue interview. Finally, an onsite interview at the GS Jersey office in NY. Interview consisted of two engineers each one.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational and behavioral questions mixed with technical. Data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2019.

Interview

Interview was a technical and behavior interview mixed into one. Technical question were not hard at all. Behavioral questions asked to put yourself in certain scenarios, and how you would react in them.

Interview Questions

• How to find maximum number in BST   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was given a hackerrank challenge, a hirevue (all behavioral, although some of my friends got coding challenge as well and they had to explain their code), and an onsite. I was invited to visit their New York office.

Interview Questions

• leetcode easy,medium questions. system design questions. behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews, combination of BQ and technical questions. A net working session followed by the interviews. The people seemed friendly, the whole process was pretty easy and smooth. I rescheduled twice and the recruiter helped me to arrange it with no problem.

Interview Questions

• Basic dynamic programming question, some statistics questions and probability   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by Goldman hiring manger around late November that I was invited for the super day. On the super day, I went through two rounds of technical interview which contained detailed questions about my resume and a couple of coding questions as well as some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Say you have an array for which the ith element is the price of a given stock on day i.

If you were only permitted to complete at most one transaction (i.e., buy one and sell one share of the stock), design an algorithm to find the maximum profit.

Note that you cannot sell a stock before you buy one.   1 Answer