Goldman Sachs Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a straightforward hackerrank with 2 questions. 5 days later I was sent a hirevue link where I answered 4 purely behavioral questions in front of a webcam. 3 weeks later I attended one of GS's superdays.

The superday consisted of 2 interviews, both 45 minutes long. I was told that one interview was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral, but I think I ended up with 2 behavioral interviews because I didn't answer any technical questions. In both interviews, the interviewers went very in depth into my resume; nothing was off limits, so make sure you know every detail of each project listed on it.

I was initially told I would hear back in about 1-2 weeks but I heard back exactly 3 weeks after my superday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member wasn't contributing after being confronted about his/her lack of contribution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First I received an online hackerrank coding challenge involving a dynamic programming question. Next I was asked to do a hirevue where I videotaped myself answering some behavioral questions. Next I was invited to a superday at the office which included some technical questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• A person can take 2 or 3 steps at a time. How many different ways can they get up 100 steps.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Hackerrank questions, however base cases were hard to get through.The programming portion is trivial.
    Probability, linear algebra, and recursive backtracking. Nothing was overall very hard, I guess I was expected to get a perfect on it for them to proceed further with my application

Interview Questions

• If u is an uniformed random variable that is the distribution of e^u   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Hackerrank then a Hirevue. Did both and then on their job portal it said "Selected for first round interview." They never contacted me to set up an interview and there wasn't an option to do so on their portal. 2 weeks later I get rejected. How u gonna select someone to interview, not interview them, and them reject them. Stupid company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I did the online assessment on Hackerrank. There are two algorithms problems in 60 minutes. The first I can't remember exactly: just take a fixed length substring from the original string then do a hashmap to store them. The second is a modified two sum question, still using hash map and return the count of pairs that sum up to integer k.

Interview Questions

• Just two hackerrank questions. Still waiting for further response(Hirevue interview got).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application online and was promptly sent a simple hackerrank assessment. Before I submitted the assessment a glitch in their application system resulted in my application page displaying an incorrect status. After several weeks of back and forth I ended up attending an event and receiving a behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• The hackerrank test was an hour long exam and consisted of simple data structures/algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had applied through GS career site for the summer analyst position. I received a hacker rank test that was supposed to be taken in a span of 5 days. After around two weeks of that, I received the hirevue round and after approx. 15 days of taking this, I got an email to attend onsite interview process in NY office. This is called Engineering super day in GS. It was an amazing experience. The office location is the best in NY overlooking Hudson river.

Interview Questions

• Arrays questions as part of hackerrank test. Minimum coin change problem, portfolio problem, a matrix problem in addition to some behaviour questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a hackerrank challenge shortly after (2 questions, easy level leetcode questions). After the online assessment, I was invited to the superday in Irving, TX which was two back to back 45 minute interviews (behavioral and technical). Technical questions were from cracking the coding interview (medium leetcode difficulty), but I blanked out under pressure.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Received a straightforward hackerrank with 2 questions. 7 days later I was sent a hirevue link where I answered 4 purely behavioral questions in front of a webcam. After 2 week I received an email to Goldman Sachs Engineering Superday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online, received Hackerrank invitation. Finished that, got Hirevue couple of weeks later. After submitting the Hirevue, received a superday invitation roughly 3-4 weeks later. Superday was at New Jersey office.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue has not-so-standard behavioral questions.   1 Answer