Goldman Sachs Summer Technology Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Technology Intern Interview Questions

4.0

Technology Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round on campus, second round super day on site. Only students from 3 schools that day. Everyone only got his schedule after arrival. Each position had 3 half-hour interview. Lunch was pizza and networking time. I talked with two groups. One is more technical and the other more behavioral. Some sorting questions and brain teasers for the technical one.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to sort a series.   1 Answer
  • What's the exact time when the two pointers on the clock meet again after 10:50?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with GS at an engineering conference and I was called back for a second interview. The interview was onsite in NYC and they paid for all my travel expenses.

When I arrived at Goldman Sachs, I was told that I would be participating in a "Technology Superday". They took me to a conference room where I was with about 15-20 other students and they gave each of us a folder with our schedules for the day. Each person had a different schedule and a different number of interviews. I personally was scheduled to have 9 interviews which was the maximum I could get. Each interview was 30 mins long and we had two breaks in between. 6 of my interviews were in NYC but 3 of them were in Jersey City so they provided me with a ferry ticket and I had to take the ferry on my own and get to the other building.

It was a very stressful day because there were many back to back interviews. My day started around 8 am and I was done at 4:30 pm.

Interview Questions

• If you have a calculator with only the number zero and every single operator, how can you get the number 24?   3 Answers
    • A lot of database questions including writing SQL queries, drawing a table, etc   Answer Question
    • what is the difference between an abstract class and an interface? If no methods in an abstract class are implemented, what is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   1 Answer
    • A lot of data structures questions including some like: what is the runtime of a merge sort algorithm? worst case, best case and average case   Answer Question