Goldman Sachs Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 7,842.0 interviews

Recruiter4%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

2 technical written tests and 3-4 interview rounds. Rounds were tough and interviewers were really helpful and nice. Not only this, the process was fast and comfortable which reduces the chances of pressure of getting qualified or not

Interview Questions
  • Why this company only?
    Answer Question

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

The test uses HackerRank with 2 programming questions, I thought the first question was pretty easy but the second one was much more involved. Should use LeetCode to study for this challenge overall.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Goldman Sachs

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Just heard about this Goldman Sachs survey. Why didn’t those overworked analysts just sleep more? Like it’s not that hard? Idk just feels like they’re complaining.

1,297

87 Comments

Finance

48.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Goldman Sachs~2800
Join the conversation on

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Online coding. Two coding questions on Hackerrank, 120 minutes. If you choose Math part also, there'll be extra 5 or 8 multiple choices about possibilities, stats. Basically the coding was not too bad, I took like 30 minutes to finish.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Nov 2017

Interview

2 45 min interviews, asked about 1-2 technical questions per interview. One interview had more behavioral, while the other interview asked you questions based on your resume. Conceptual questions based on your most familiar questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Sep 2017

Interview

Applied online. Two questions from Hackerrank. The first one is to find the second largest value in an array. The second one is vector dot product. Both are not hard. Think through different the edge cases.

Interview Questions
  • The first one is to find the second largest value in an array.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore) in Aug 2016

Interview

First round was quantitative aptitude and one coding question. Next 2 rounds were technical. Technical questions were mostly DSC, Algos, OS and DBMS. They are very fond of puzzles. They asked about projects and my skills along with the above mentioned subjects. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Write a code to find if a string is a palindrome or not. Time complexity should be O(n).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in Feb 2016

Interview

My whole GS experience felt very off. I saw GS at a hackathon at my college, and they got in contact with me a few weeks after that for a phone interview. Only, the guy who was interviewing forgot to call the first time, which was frustrating. We rescheduled for a second time, and it went okay. I was asked for an in-person interview two months later; was told it would be 2 back-to-back 45 min interviews at their Jersey City office and a mingling session at their New York office. I get there, and turns out that this was the day they were interviewing ALL of their summer intern candidates at the same time. It felt really awkward sitting in a room with 15 other candidates all competing for the same job. The first interview I had, the woman had really bad breath; I sat across the table from her and could smell it. The second interview was with two men that went much better. Questions weren't too hard, in my opinion. Basic data structures questions. Once my interviews were done, GS had me and the 15 other candidates during this time period (there were more candidates that arrived for a time slot before and after me) transfer to the NY building via ferry. When we got there, the mingling session consisted of two GS employees and a bowl of M&Ms. I got alerted a couple days later that they weren't going to move forward with me in my application process. All in all, the process of applying felt fairly condescending. I didn't expect a college internship job interview to be super formal, but I expected something far less kiddy than what I got from GS.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Describe how you would construct a binary tree. 2) Explain how you would find the intersection between two collections. 3) What projects have you done? What was your technical involvement with them?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in Sep 2015

Interview

Applied through UC Berkeley callisto portal. Had one on-campus interview with 1 technical interview and 1 semi-technical. 2nd/Final round was in NYC where I had 2 45-minute interviews: 1 behavioral 1 technical.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

I interviewed in around Feb, 2013. First did an on-campus, the interviewer didn't ask any actual coding question, but asked some knowledge based question like static/dynamic types in java, classes, OOP etc. Then I got invited to onsite. It was called "super day" and was quite intense - starts at 8 am, and many interviewees were gathered in a room to hear instructions, then we head to different offices to do the actual interviews. I had to interview 3 different groups, and each group consists of 3 interviews of 45 minutes. Most of them were really easy and I was rarely asked a technical question, even when I did it was not too difficult to figure out. However I do know that recently there's some changes in the technical interview process as they start to focus more on asking technical questions and making them do hands on codings. However it is still quite exhausting after 9 consecutive rounds of interviews. A disappointing detail is that you are not given free lunch. I had to run out and get food from a nearby place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England) in Nov 2014

Interview

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning. At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say. The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions
  • What should be as an input to the java method? What GS do in sales & trading?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews