Goldman Sachs Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technical Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had one phone scheduled with VP followed by in person interview at Goldman Sachs New York Headquarters. First Phone was about 20 mins and we went over details about current job, work done in the past and he was more interested in knowing about my Agile/Scrum capabilities.

In person round was technical in nature, i have 5 people interviewed me including VP Manager of the team. Here was the areas each covered.

1st Person : Algorithms and Data Structures, asked about how to find particular word in an array of million words, what is the best way to get word out of that million words array, what is the run time complexities, also discussed about different architecture they are planning to put in place for their platform.

2nd Person : Quick Chat covering standard Java Interview Questions, nothing difficult simple stuffs covering Spring, Hibernate, Core Java, Multithreading etc.

3rd Person : Covered Database asked me couple queries involving Aggregate functions like Sum, Average and difference between Having Clause and Group By Clause.

4th Person : Was more interested in learning about the Software Development Process we have in place at current job including Agile and details about different Day to Day activities as Software Developer.

5th Person : Was more interested in Lower Level stuffs like Networking, Data Center, TCP, port binding and Operating System Level Question.

Overall interview was good...

Interview Questions

Base Pay was very less as opposed to what I was making at that time.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I first handed my resume to a Goldman Sachs HR Representative when she came to campus for an information session. The session was basically about career opportunities in the company that did not have much to do with finance. Several weeks later, I was contacted via email to select a time for a phone interview.

The phone interview was behavioral and personal fact based. Things like Why Goldman Sachs? I had those prepared and it was fairly generic. I was then contacted to attend an onsite interview. I thought it was going to last seven or eight hours, but I was told at the beginning of the day that such is the case only if you're being considered for multiple teams. I was only considered for one team.

There were three interviews, one of them were 2:1. I interviewed with two VP level employees and the rest were associates or analysts. The questions asked were for the most part data structure and algorithms questions. After clearing those portions out, I was told to discuss my favorite sorting algorithms and design patterns and was told to write a simple implementation of both. There was also one interviewer who asked me to write some SQL, which turned out to be the most difficult part of the interview. It bums me out that there were no behavioral questions after the "Why Goldman Sachs" crap.

Interview Questions

• Show me an optimized query for identifying the circular references between field x and y.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Champaign, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Recruiter selected individuals based on their conversation and review of resume. Interview time were scheduled on the spot for the following day.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most inspiring person in your life   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Campus interview for the first round and come in for a full day interview. Met 2 teams for the interview, each team will have at least 3 people interview you individually for 30 to 45 mins, with a lunch break in between. The whole process starts at 9 in the morning, which they arranged a intro video about the company, afterwards you went off to meet with different groups.

Interview Questions

• Java, database, data structure questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As freshly graduated from college, you dont have much room for negotiation since they will put you through a 2-months training.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First round was quantitative aptitude and one coding question.
    Next 2 rounds were technical. Technical questions were mostly DSC, Algos, OS and DBMS. They are very fond of puzzles. They asked about projects and my skills along with the above mentioned subjects.
    It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to find if a string is a palindrome or not. Time complexity should be O(n).   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning.
    At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say.
    The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions

• What should be as an input to the java method?
      What GS do in sales & trading?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

very scrupulous process. detailed analytical and logical test followed by several rounds of subsequent interviews

Interview Questions

• couple of high profile technical questions and logical questions as well   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through the university. Was interviewed in two rounds which consisted of a problem solving scenario with explanations, competency and technical interviews. I was interviewed by 7 different people from different departments in the technology division. While the process was nerve racking the interviewers however were very friendly

Interview Questions

• Beign asked how i would use a C/C++ library in Java.
      Also had to answer questions on how I would prioritize scarce computing resources in displaying news quickly to the dashboard I designed.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

After the initial behavior round at my University I was called for the Superday at New York. I had only one team who wanted to interview me. Three members would interview you separately.

Interview Questions

• Write a code for Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm.   1 Answer
    • Why Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer
    • some situation at work or project which brought out leaderhip qualities.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was the first interview. They wanted to know why Goldman. What position I wanted to apply for. Why that position? What do you see yourself doing in five years? They really seemed to be trying to assess if I was a good fit for Goldman Sachs. I appreciated the friendliness of the people I talked too. I havent done the second stage of interviews yet.