Goldman Sachs Technical Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technical Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning.
At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say.
The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions

• What should be as an input to the java method?
    What GS do in sales & trading?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through the university. Was interviewed in two rounds which consisted of a problem solving scenario with explanations, competency and technical interviews. I was interviewed by 7 different people from different departments in the technology division. While the process was nerve racking the interviewers however were very friendly

Interview Questions

• Beign asked how i would use a C/C++ library in Java.
      Also had to answer questions on how I would prioritize scarce computing resources in displaying news quickly to the dashboard I designed.
      Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

I have been invited to have my first interview and finished one database formatting test and had two short interview related to the test and competency questions. I got an email for final interview on the same day.
    The final interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, 30mins each. Haven't got replied yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Goldman Sachs   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

1. Online app, cv and cover letter.

2. Analytical thinking exercise based around databases and updating trade records. Present and dicuss my answers to two interviewers.

3. Two one-on-one competency interviews. First purely competency with standard questions, why goldman, why technology, leadership, teamwork etc. Second asked some technical questions about previous java projects and experience with financial IT systems.

Interview Questions

• If I have a kettle that can boil 1 litre of water and I need 4 litres of boiling water, how do I do it?   1 Answer