Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

first round: hacker rank test consisting about 3 coding questions and 12 math-related questions depends on the position you are applying for
second round:hirevue video round consisting of behavioral questions you have to record your answers and send in hirevue portal
third round: onsite interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself and about what you have mentioned in your resume
    2. Any project you would like to explain in more detail
    3.have you ever have organized something?
    Technical
    1.difference between agile and scrum?
    more related to technologies used in my resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

It was very long and hard, but I was able to ask many questions towards the end as well. Being able to solve many quantitative finance questions was a benefit and it helped me get through the interview with flying colors.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I got the refer in Goldman Sachs and within 2 days hr give me a phone call for 20 mins.
    After that, I got the email for next week and it has 30mins phone call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial coding challenge hacker rank, followed by behavioral video interview. Hacker rank was not the easiest, but managed to get optimal solution on both the questions in given time. Didn't go ahead with me because of lack of hand movement during behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

Was referred by a friend.

Did two one hour coderpads in one day due to a rushed schedule. Nothing difficult just dictionary and list stuff as well as some debugging assignments. After that I had to do 5 rounds of interviews with different sets of people for a total of 5 hours. The interview process was stopped short of the 5th round. Questions were all over the place and didn't seem to focus on any one skill set.

Received a response the next day with a generic rejection letter which wasn't even personalized.

Interview Questions

• Coderpad: Trapping rainwater question but snow instead of rain   Answer Question
    • Coderpad: Highest average grade among dictionary of student names and their grades   Answer Question
    • In person: Write a program that would return a collection of similar items between two collections   Answer Question
    • In person: Design a stock trading system   Answer Question
    • In person: How would you find when there are peaks of logging output in the system if you have a datetime stamp for each log   Answer Question
    • In person: Various questions about OOP, SDLC / Agile, Java, dependencies, testing, data structures and algorithms   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Must pass hackerrank technical assessment in either programming or math. After hackerrank assessment, take a virtual hirevue interview, and if successful, attend final interview on site. On site interview consists of two seperate half behavioral / half technical interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Hackerrank challenge which was fine, and then 6 hours of technical interviews. Overall some of the interviews were very good, but two of the interviews were very snobby and kept cutting me off before I finished writing code or explaining things. One of these was the final interview with the manager, and overall made it an upsetting experience.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and then got the hacker rank challenge a few weeks later. There were two questions, one was easy the other one was slightly harder, probably medium. They sent a a digital interview the next week. After that I didn't hear back again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Got the hackerrank after applying online through their application portal. The test was relatively easy compared to other tech companies: 1 leetcode easy, 1 leetcode medium. Got the video interview within a week.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First Round was online on Hackerrank, two questions. First one is vector dot product.

Second one is tricky, which is to find the total number of pairs in array = k. I passed 5 of the test cases except 1.