Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

3.1

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a HackerRank challenge the next day, 2 problems (easy - medium). Got all test cases. Didn't get any contact after submission but I realized I got rejected after I checked my status on their webpage several days after.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank, 2 problems, 1 easy, 1 medium-easy. Second one was a variation of a classic problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Met with three different teams and each team interviewed me for about an hour and a half, asking mostly personal fit questions and a few technical questions. The process is long but not particularly challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize a database for a given business case?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First is hackerrank then is hirevue then onsite. What is notable is that I got invited for superday before submitting the hirevue interview.
    Superday was two rounds. First is with a senior level guy who's really friendly and funny... however he asked lots of behavior questions from the paper provided to him so I feel like it's not a good way of understanding each other. One technical question that was pretty fun. The second round is with two younger engineers who seems really unapproachable and unfriendly.. I basically walked out of the interview knowing that it won't end up good.

The HR will call about the decision. It only took them one week so that was really good. Overall the interview is very easy, but it really depends on who you meet on that day.

Interview Questions

• If your boss want you to meet a client that is from different culture, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got a hackerrank challenge within a few days. After completing the hackerank got invited to a digital interview platform Hirevue within a week. They asked basic behavioral questions and why I would be a good fit. After a month interviewed at their office in New Jersey, called Superday interviews. Two back to back 45 minutes interviews covering technical as well as behavioral questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter to interview at an upcoming conference, and was given a coding challenge to do during the process. First interview was some behavioral and some technical while going over my resume. Was invited the next day to interview again, this was with a technology manager, some more behavioral and some technical. Was given an offer soon after.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, Why Goldman? etc. Technical questions were on data structures and basic programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Online coding
    2) video interview (five questions)
    3) superday interview (two rounds) in Jersey City. Nice view of the Hudson river and lower Manhatten
    Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to complete a hackerank test. There were two questions to solve in 60 minutes.Questions were fairly easy but messed up on the second question. Next round was a video interview but dint make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Find the first unique character of a given String.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First step was to make a code in Hackerrank.com
    You will have to pass 3 exercises. Most of them difficult.
    Second step they will give you a link for the "Interview". It is almost like TOEFL speaking part.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions.
      What was hard for your projects?
      What did you do with free riders in your project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was streamlined with a few steps. First, you start off by getting a HackerRank challenge (everyone gets's it after applying online). There are 2 questions, 45 mins total time. One of them was easy, the other one was average difficulty (a problem on Dynamic Programming). I was able to submit both the solutions, even though my second solution didn't run in all test cases (I think it was 12/15).

Then I got an email for a HireVue interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding how do you perform in teams and how to approach a problem.

Then, after a few weeks, I got invited to Superday in Irving, TX office. 2 interviews, each had 2 interviewers. The first interview had many personality questions, why GS, and an interesting puzzle/logic problem to solve (I was able to solve it). The next interview was purely technical. The question was based on managing a database and used extensive OOP concept. you should be able to code on a whiteboard, know the run-time, complexity, and ways to improve your algorithm. Overall, the interview process was fairly hard however, the interviewers were extremely helpful.

Finally, I got a call from New York, about 4 weeks after my interview (they said it would be a week or two though) saying that I got the internship. I would recommend know a language really well, do projects outside school (my past internship experience and projects were helpful during the interview), and make sure to show leadership qualities of taking over tasks and going beyond what is given to you.

Interview Questions

• Logic game: 3 boxes containing Apples, Oranges, Apples & Oranges. All boxes are labeled incorrectly. You can pick only a single fruit from only 1 box. Re-label them correctly.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was rejected after the phone interview. I thought my interview went well and was happy with it.
    I was asked a lot of questions from my resume, one algorithm LinkedList question. However, I was not able to answer one question related to a design question.
    The interviewer was stupid enough to reject me for one question I didn't answered.

Interview Questions

• On singleton pattern, and linked list   1 Answer