Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.1

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1. Coder pad (2 programming questions)
2. Onsite (5 2-1 rounds)

Applied through a recruiting firm. Absolutely terrible experience. Did not provide me any accommodation or travel. People are not very smart. The interviewer asked me about my capstone project, he was not able to understand it as it was on advanced graph theory, he stopped me in between. After few tries he got where I am weak and tried very hard to humiliate me.
Few people were good, few were terrible where, instead of trying to test my knowledge level, they were only trying to outsmart me. I did not feel like sitting for last round because felt very annoyed by their overall behavior.

Overall really humiliating experience, the questions, the giggling on wrong answers, and most importantly no lunch, no travel reimbursement or accommodation.

Interview Questions

• Java questions, Standard back end questions, Coding questions(nothing fancy, no algorithms knowledge needed)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied in late July 2017 for Summer 2018. Received Hackerrank technical assessment which was 2 questions, not particularly challenging and was about basic string and array manipulation. Still waiting to hear back, will edit.

Interview Questions

• Basic string and array manipulation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position towards the end of July and got an Invitation to take their HackerRank Test in the same week. The test had Two questions to complete in 60 min. Easy to medium Leet code problems. Waiting to hear back from them still.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a HackerRank challenge the next day, 2 problems (easy - medium). Got all test cases. Didn't get any contact after submission but I realized I got rejected after I checked my status on their webpage several days after.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank, 2 problems, 1 easy, 1 medium-easy. Second one was a variation of a classic problem.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Met with three different teams and each team interviewed me for about an hour and a half, asking mostly personal fit questions and a few technical questions. The process is long but not particularly challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize a database for a given business case?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First is hackerrank then is hirevue then onsite. What is notable is that I got invited for superday before submitting the hirevue interview.
    Superday was two rounds. First is with a senior level guy who's really friendly and funny... however he asked lots of behavior questions from the paper provided to him so I feel like it's not a good way of understanding each other. One technical question that was pretty fun. The second round is with two younger engineers who seems really unapproachable and unfriendly.. I basically walked out of the interview knowing that it won't end up good.

The HR will call about the decision. It only took them one week so that was really good. Overall the interview is very easy, but it really depends on who you meet on that day.

Interview Questions

• If your boss want you to meet a client that is from different culture, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got a hackerrank challenge within a few days. After completing the hackerank got invited to a digital interview platform Hirevue within a week. They asked basic behavioral questions and why I would be a good fit. After a month interviewed at their office in New Jersey, called Superday interviews. Two back to back 45 minutes interviews covering technical as well as behavioral questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter to interview at an upcoming conference, and was given a coding challenge to do during the process. First interview was some behavioral and some technical while going over my resume. Was invited the next day to interview again, this was with a technology manager, some more behavioral and some technical. Was given an offer soon after.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, Why Goldman? etc. Technical questions were on data structures and basic programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Online coding
    2) video interview (five questions)
    3) superday interview (two rounds) in Jersey City. Nice view of the Hudson river and lower Manhatten
    Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to complete a hackerank test. There were two questions to solve in 60 minutes.Questions were fairly easy but messed up on the second question. Next round was a video interview but dint make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Find the first unique character of a given String.   1 Answer