Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Met with three different teams and each team interviewed me for about an hour and a half, asking mostly personal fit questions and a few technical questions. The process is long but not particularly challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize a database for a given business case?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First is hackerrank then is hirevue then onsite. What is notable is that I got invited for superday before submitting the hirevue interview.
    Superday was two rounds. First is with a senior level guy who's really friendly and funny... however he asked lots of behavior questions from the paper provided to him so I feel like it's not a good way of understanding each other. One technical question that was pretty fun. The second round is with two younger engineers who seems really unapproachable and unfriendly.. I basically walked out of the interview knowing that it won't end up good.

The HR will call about the decision. It only took them one week so that was really good. Overall the interview is very easy, but it really depends on who you meet on that day.

Interview Questions

• If your boss want you to meet a client that is from different culture, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got a hackerrank challenge within a few days. After completing the hackerank got invited to a digital interview platform Hirevue within a week. They asked basic behavioral questions and why I would be a good fit. After a month interviewed at their office in New Jersey, called Superday interviews. Two back to back 45 minutes interviews covering technical as well as behavioral questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter to interview at an upcoming conference, and was given a coding challenge to do during the process. First interview was some behavioral and some technical while going over my resume. Was invited the next day to interview again, this was with a technology manager, some more behavioral and some technical. Was given an offer soon after.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, Why Goldman? etc. Technical questions were on data structures and basic programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to complete a hackerank test. There were two questions to solve in 60 minutes.Questions were fairly easy but messed up on the second question. Next round was a video interview but dint make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Find the first unique character of a given String.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First step was to make a code in Hackerrank.com
    You will have to pass 3 exercises. Most of them difficult.
    Second step they will give you a link for the "Interview". It is almost like TOEFL speaking part.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions.
      What was hard for your projects?
      What did you do with free riders in your project?
      1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was rejected after the phone interview. I thought my interview went well and was happy with it.
    I was asked a lot of questions from my resume, one algorithm LinkedList question. However, I was not able to answer one question related to a design question.
    The interviewer was stupid enough to reject me for one question I didn't answered.

Interview Questions

• On singleton pattern, and linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a 40 minute phone interview and have an interview super day later this week. The phone interview started with asking me to describe a personal project then they got to the focus of the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a program that could vote for the top three funniest people in the office how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Invited to superday, where I was asked questions regarding past projects, design patterns (singleton), and algorithm/datastructure questions, difference between past by reference vs pass by value, bit manipulation simple question

Interview Questions

• Find the middle element of a LinkedList   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview (was more like 40-45 minutes). Asked mainly data structures and OOP questions. The interviewer was super nice in giving me hints if I got stuck. Got invited back for on-site interview in Jersey

Interview Questions

• How to find all squares in an 8x8 chess board, explain polymorphism,   Answer Question