Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

two rounds on sites interview.
both are two on one interview, each for 30 minutes.

first round was two technicians who asked questions about the basic algorithm, the second round was two senior managers who asked general questions.
the mood was fine, and the interviewers are nice.

Interview Questions

• how to check if a linked list is circular   1 Answer
  • what are the time complexity of linked list on search/insert/delete   1 Answer
  • Make a plan for cloud services and local storage solutions, if the could service is more expensive than the storage solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round was a technical interview online (testing dynamic programming), candidates can choose any programming languages they like. The second interview was online recording of 5 behavioural questions and personal questions.

Interview Questions

• If your senior told you that you have not meet the criteria, what approached you will take to improve your performance?   Answer Question
    • Do you ever have to hold accountable for your group?   Answer Question
    • What’s your typical role in a group? Do you ever take on a role that is different from that? What’s your approach as a leader?   Answer Question
    • What is the time you have to make a quick decision? and what’s the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Online coding
    2) video interview (five questions)
    3) superday interview (two rounds) in Jersey City. Nice view of the Hudson river and lower Manhatten
    Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First step was to make a code in Hackerrank.com
    You will have to pass 3 exercises. Most of them difficult.
    Second step they will give you a link for the "Interview". It is almost like TOEFL speaking part.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions.
      What was hard for your projects?
      What did you do with free riders in your project?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got a hackerrank challenge within a few days. After completing the hackerank got invited to a digital interview platform Hirevue within a week. They asked basic behavioral questions and why I would be a good fit. After a month interviewed at their office in New Jersey, called Superday interviews. Two back to back 45 minutes interviews covering technical as well as behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First is hackerrank then is hirevue then onsite. What is notable is that I got invited for superday before submitting the hirevue interview.
    Superday was two rounds. First is with a senior level guy who's really friendly and funny... however he asked lots of behavior questions from the paper provided to him so I feel like it's not a good way of understanding each other. One technical question that was pretty fun. The second round is with two younger engineers who seems really unapproachable and unfriendly.. I basically walked out of the interview knowing that it won't end up good.

The HR will call about the decision. It only took them one week so that was really good. Overall the interview is very easy, but it really depends on who you meet on that day.

Interview Questions

• If your boss want you to meet a client that is from different culture, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to complete a hackerank test. There were two questions to solve in 60 minutes.Questions were fairly easy but messed up on the second question. Next round was a video interview but dint make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Find the first unique character of a given String.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Met with three different teams and each team interviewed me for about an hour and a half, asking mostly personal fit questions and a few technical questions. The process is long but not particularly challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize a database for a given business case?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Warsaw (Poland)) in September 2016.

Interview

Video Interview through HireVue. 5 questions, each question 30 seconds to prepare, 2 minutes to answer. Answering questions about situations when working in a group, overcoming certain problems. They want to know what soft skills were used.

Interview Questions

• Think about the time you had a technical project. How did you complete it? What was your role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Very intense interview. Started off with a phone call, and the next day, arranged a superday interview. 2 2:1 interviews. Threw a lot of questions at me at once about my resume and OOP concepts. Prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Write a program that determines whether or not you're looping through a linked list.   Answer Question