Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

3.1

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

Gave an online assessment on HackerRank. The online HackerRank assessment consisted of 2 relatively easy-average questions, based on algorithms and string manipulation. One of the question had 6 test cases.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and got the coding challenge in a week. The questions were fairly easy. Then, I was asked to do a video interview. It didn't go as well as I thought I would. But, I am still waiting to hear back.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First Round was online on Hackerrank, two questions. First one is vector dot product.

Second one is tricky, which is to find the total number of pairs in array = k. I passed 5 of the test cases except 1.

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

First step of the interview process was to complete a Hackerrank challenge with two fairly straightforward interview questions. If you pass that stage then you get a Hirevue. If you get past that then you get invited onsite for technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Determine if two words are anagrams.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1. Coder pad (2 programming questions)
    2. Onsite (5 2-1 rounds)

Applied through a recruiting firm. Absolutely terrible experience. Did not provide me any accommodation or travel. People are not very smart. The interviewer asked me about my capstone project, he was not able to understand it as it was on advanced graph theory, he stopped me in between. After few tries he got where I am weak and tried very hard to humiliate me.
    Few people were good, few were terrible where, instead of trying to test my knowledge level, they were only trying to outsmart me. I did not feel like sitting for last round because felt very annoyed by their overall behavior.

Overall really humiliating experience, the questions, the giggling on wrong answers, and most importantly no lunch, no travel reimbursement or accommodation.

Interview Questions

• Java questions, Standard back end questions, Coding questions(nothing fancy, no algorithms knowledge needed)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position towards the end of July and got an Invitation to take their HackerRank Test in the same week. The test had Two questions to complete in 60 min. Easy to medium Leet code problems. Waiting to hear back from them still.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied in late July 2017 for Summer 2018. Received Hackerrank technical assessment which was 2 questions, not particularly challenging and was about basic string and array manipulation. Still waiting to hear back, will edit.

Interview Questions

• Basic string and array manipulation   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2015.

Interview

First, technical screening where people were asked to solve some technical/real work problems. After passing technical screening, there were around 10 interviews where people were asked various questions ranging from technical background, personal characteristics and future vision.

Interview Questions

• How to efficiently store trading data in memory and database.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an online HireVue interview, was contacted 2 weeks later to set a date for an interview in London. There were 3 different interview, 2 of them being normal interview questions and situational questions as well. The third was logic test in which a problem had to be solved in the most efficient way.

Interview Questions

• How did you find the training process in your previous job to be?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2017.

Interview

I have cleared the hacker rank written test and attended the interview process. I never faced such a type of interview in my life. I shared my profile to recruiter. after waiting for 4 hrs also didnt get my name for interview. I asked recruiter to check my profile for 1st round of interview. They surprised and said 1st round was over to all participants. They lost my profile due to neglectfulness. The interviewer asked nothing about technical. he just asked few logical puzzles and done with interview. The interview is not easy. Its typical problem solving questions.

It was waste of full day time. Please think once you will attend the GS interview.