Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.1

148 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Not that good experience. not interview preparation and software knowledge range if all teams are only focused on technical questions. detailed designed questions and concept questions, but not any algorithm asked. So, it makes feel it didn't show my real ability. No behavior question at all makes me a little shocked. Maybe I prepared a lot of behavior questions and cost me a lot of time but it is not useful at all. Well,........it is a great experience to teach me to pay attention to the detail concept.

Interview Questions

• java data structure, system design question.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

There were two thirty minute interviews on campus - goes over your resume, asked an analytical question about finding the funniest person in the company based on the ratings of your colleagues. Afterwards, you get invited to an on site interview - these were two forty five minute interviews where it was mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• Find the funniest person in the company if everyone gets 3 weighted votes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the summer technology analyst (for college juniors) position through college. The interview had two 30 minute parts: one was the technical part and the other was the behavioural part. In the technical part, the interviewer gives you a unique problem and asks you to write a code based on the restrictions/instructions she/he tells you. In the behavioural part, make sure that you know your resume very well. They ask very detailed projects on your past coding projects. Make sure that you remember every detail about your past projects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs? Tell me more about this project on your resume. How did you use this algorithm in your project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I sign up for their Diversity meetup. After going to NJ twice, my interview was scheduled again at the Jersey City building. I had 3 interviews on the same day; each one about half an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Could you write down a JSON format?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. Since it was at a conference, the first was an impromptu interview at a hospitality suite where they asked me my background and a few basic questions about linked lists. The second interview was a formal interview between me and two GS software engineers and the last was an interview with a managing director.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Two 30 min on-campus interviews. Got flown to New York for onsite.
    Two 45 minute interviews with 2 people each. The recruiters are very nice and make you feel comfortable :) The interviewers are also awesome people.
    On-campus interviews were VERY easy questions, wrote them up in python.
    Onsite questions were more java/python/OS trivia questions, not much coding surprisingly. Talked about past projects.

Interview Questions

• what is a turing machine? differences between thread scheduling algos, deadlocks..   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiters email under HACK15, after a month got an email from HR co-ordinator regarding scheduling a phone interview in early January.

Phone interview was with VP of the team which was interested in me. It was 35 mins interview mainly discussing about the process of interview, my previous experience and some basic technical question like find min in an array of arrays, find median in array of arrays, find min in stack(use pilot data)

Got a call same day evening from HR to move forward and schedule for super day which will be 3 30mins interviews.

Super Day...All 3 interviews were with VPs from 2 different teams under Financial Risk Technology

1st Interview: run through resume, discuss about my previous role and then technical question-
    Given an array how will you search an item, give all possible approaches with pros and cons. follow up..delete the searched element from the array.

2nd Interview: run through resume, discuss about my previous role and explain me the architecture of your previous explain how did a particular class looks like including various methods variables..., write code for quick sort(stopped halfway dues to shortage of time)

3rd Interview: Directly jumps to technical questions-
    check whether a Binary tree is BST
    given four 0's convert it into 24. Answer (0!+0!+0!+0!)!
    what is cluster indexing in database? and can we have multiple cluster indices?

As my three interviews went well, I was leaving and was stopped by MD, saying he would like to chat with me. This was basically him giving me background of the work team is being doing and why I should join his team.

Got an email same day evening from HR saying that the team interviewed me were very impressed and would like to extend an offer. I took couple of day before replying and accepting the offer.

Hope this helps!!
    ALL THE BEST :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

package was exceptional for a fresher.. did not negotiate

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Three person will interview and then ask you different question. Different person ask different questions and sometime they ask to perform some ask and code to see if you have solve the problem.
    They are most likely going to see how you think and how you approach the problem.
    I think that it is a good experience and help us to make thinking and making problem. And there are many things that can be asked too. And there is a different experience after all.

Interview Questions

• what is the problem you have faced? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First was a 30min telephonic interview which went pretty well. The recruiter asked me about my resume, some behavioral questions and one technical question related to data structure. Then I was moved on to next round that was onsite interview. They flew me but had to pay for taxi which they never reimbursed me for. The onsite interview was 2 45mins, one being behavioral and other being technical. Both were two-on-one interviews. Asked to write me code. Then went through my resume and asked questions on my projects.

Interview Questions

• Why goldman sachs? How was the team project ? How did you handle the failure or unexpected achievements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. They gave me a phone interview after a month.
    45 mins phone interview : personality questions + python coding
    For this position, they only focus on ur coding skill.