Goldman Sachs Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

HackerRank challange, then Hirevue Interview. Hackerank problems are simple. Hirevue with behavioral questions.
    Advice about HireVue: I failed at this stage, with this behavioral questions. Do not be nervous, and find a place where you are really relaxed and calm. Prepare yourself speaking to a mirror, and be yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank:
      Basic question about Strings, and a simple DP program.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First I had a programming challenge sent to me and afterwards I was also sent a video recording interview. I had the superday in the New Jersey office. On the superday I had two 1 on 1 interviews with the engineers of the company. Afterwards they also had a session for you to meet with one of the engineers in order for you to ask some informal questions. Their New Jersey office was beautiful and they had some nice snacks for you to eat when you were done. The informal session was helpful especially when the employee gave us advice on how to succeed in Goldman as an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between Outer join and Inner join?   Answer Question
    • Why Goldman Sachs? Why finance?   Answer Question
    • How can you check if a string has unique characters? (Make sure none of the characters repeat)   1 Answer
    • Calculate the factorial of a number?   2 Answers
    • Some more typical Human Capital Management questions. Such as how do you face adversity? What would you do if you had to deal with a unresponsive team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a HackerRank coding challenge in the beginning (1 DP question, 1 hashmap). Easy. Had HireVue interview. All behavioral; annoying but easy. Called for superday (2 45 minute interviews which went almost over till 50 minutes for me.) 1st one was 3 behavioral and 2 technical Qs.

Interview Questions

• Is posting exam solutions right? Machine learning questions because it was based on my resume.
      Print odd numbers from m to n, print prime numbers from 1 to n in optimal complexity.
      Some other BS behavioral question.

Second interview was way easier in my opinion - 2 technical questions (explain greedy, DP; *and a question about using hashmap), they like Java so know Java. Behavioral: your coworker has problems with some employee, wtf do you do about it?

*Question about hashmap: you have 2 integer vectors A, B. Go through each sets and print if they are present in A; present in B; or present in both.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple enough. First the 2 question hackerrank test, then the hirevue a week later, then the onsite I believe about a month after.

The hirevue consisted of all behavioral-oriented questions that ask you to draw on previous situations and experiences, so prepare for that.

If you make it to the onsite, they pay for your flight and a nights stay at a 5 star business suite. On Superday, you'll get 2 45…

Interview Questions

• Dyanmic Programming, Usage of Arrays over Linked Lists, and Java specific questions. They really love Jave here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the Goldman Sachs career portal. One week later they sent me a Hacker rank coding challenge (45 min), and a week after completing the challenge they sent me a Hirevue virtual interview (30 min).

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank questions were equivalent to others listed as "easy" difficulty, and the Hirevue is all behavioral   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Applied late November. I received a HackerRank challenge which was very easy. Two questions in 45 minutes -- I finished both questions/got all test cases. About a week later I received a HireVue interview. This interview had 5 questions, where you got 2-3 minutes to respond to each. Each question had 2 or 3 subproblems you had to respond to. That's where I messed up; I didn't really focus on the subproblems and ended up botching a lot of my answers. I didn't hear back after the HireVue. (At least not yet, it's been 2 months lol)

This was terribly my fault though; behaviorals should be very easy to pass. I feel pretty dumb for not getting past the HireVue. Really wanted this opportunity but it fell through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to hold a teammate accountable for their work   Answer Question
    • If your manager says you're not meeting expectations how would you improve your performance?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to make a challenging decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online along with resume. Received email of solving the coding challenge within 4 days.
    I am still waiting for their reply since I just completed the process. I'll come and edit the post as when any hear any further updates from the company.

The Interview for Summer Analyst had two rounds.
    1. Coding Challenge of 45 mins. 2 problems

2. Video Interview(Hirevue). 5 question of 2 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Coding Round:
      1. Print Reverse of String
      2. Dynamic programming of finding the number of ways to reach step n.

Video Interview:
      All questions asked were behavioral.

1. How did you cope up with missing information?
      2. What steps did you take to help a project team member?
      3. What was the mistake you made? How did you correct it?
      4. Issues faced when working in a team?
      5. What projects did you complete?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and through an internal referral. Several days later I received a Hackerrank challenge, followed by a Hirevue pre-recorded interview. A week after I received an on-site interview in Jersey City. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating of my schedule. I received an offer 3 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Majority are behavioral questions, a little data structure coding problems.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I Applied for Summer Technology Analyst position online through the company's website. Within two weeks I got mail regarding the technical round which was taken by hackerRank. Two programs were asked with time duration 45mins. After the technical round, there was a video interview round with 5 questions each of 2 mins.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose computer science as your major?   Answer Question
    • tell us about one of your strongest skills and why do think so?   Answer Question
    • What do you prefer information or people?   Answer Question
    • Challenges that you have faced during a project. and how did you solved it?   Answer Question