Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First step the HireVue interview, with 5 competency based questions, next a phone call with someone inside the department, mostly technicaly and about the current status of global market, and finally they fly you out to London for a 2x30 min competency-based interview questions

Interview Questions

• Leadership situations, behavior in groups, market awareness   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths
      Answer Question

Human Capital Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Online application with a short cover letter. After 3 months I was contacted to do a video interview through an online platform. After 2 weeks I was contacted for a final round in person interview. The interview consisted of three 30 min interviews, mostly behavioural and competency based questions. Have examples ready, be prepared to answer why you want that specific role. The process was smooth and everyone was very nice.

Quant Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

An initial phone screening.
    A pleasant chat, not very formal.
    Describe your work experience, what you liked about it and what you did not.
    No technical questions (this is first stage).
    Not much chance to ask questions, but I still got some useful insight into the role, which made me even more enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Few motivational questions (why this area, why this company)   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an industrial placement role, then got invited to take part in a pre-recorded interview. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were mainly competency based. After a month or 2 (one month after the application deadline, 2 months after submitting video) I was invited to the final interview stage at their offices where I has 3 back to back 30min interviews, either with 2 interviewers or 1. All the employees were very kind and seemed interested in what you had to say. I got my application decision a week later. I asked for feedback and the people in recruitment actually called me to tell me, which I was surprised by as I'd read here that GS were bad at feedback. There were no technical questions just make sure you really know about the division and the role you're applying too as that was my downfall. I will definitely be applying again!

Placement Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Goldman website for one year placement program in both Finance and Global Investment Research. Received an invitation for digital video interview (on HireVue platform). The interview consisted of 6 questions, 4 of which were behavioural/competency based (fairly straight forward). The other 2 were department/position specific questions. Have yet to hear back.

Financial Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, first round included 3x30 min interviews with the VP and team members and second round was 4x30mins. Staff were very nice and interview was about them getting to know you and seeing how you would fit into the team etc.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your cv, what do you know about the role   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First round for a 10w summer internship. The interview was online via the software HireVue. 5 behavioral questions. Not the most typical questions for a job interview (no technical, no question about my CV). However, the questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you experienced a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Strats Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

1st round is an online Hirevue video interview. 5 x Standard HR behavioural questions. You get 30 seconds to think about your answer after hearing the question, then 2 minutes to record yourself answering it. You only get one chance to record. I found the 2 minutes to be very tight to give a complete answer, and it gets quite stressful watching the timer count down while you answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a rapidly changing situation.   Answer Question

Spring Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Apply with online application form. Application form includes regular standard details and cover letter that explains your motivation for applying to GS and your skills(300 words)
    2. If your application fits they invite you to complete a pre recorded video interview through Hirevue before a given deadline
    3. Then they email you whether you've been accepted or not

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest strength and how did you develop it?   Answer Question