Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.2

470 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very approachable interviewers. The questions were also not incredibly technical or complicated. They will usually guide you through any questions. They mainly want to see you can build a logical chain of thoughts and join them together.

Trade Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Met 2 members of the team on the first round interview
    Description of the team and tasks sharing.
    Discussing about my education background
    Running through my CV before asking technical questions
    Interview lasted for approx 30 mins

Interview Questions

• Describe the bond trade life cycle and some other technical questions relating to Trade Settlement   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview with 5 pre-recorded questions, followed by 2-3 minutes of answering time. Questions are quite unconventional such as Your student council president leaked the questions and answers on social media. What factors would you consider? What would you do?

Interview Questions

• Evaluate a recent event that would affect the bank from a risk perspective   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very welcoming environment, made me feel totally at ease, quickly in and out 4 back to back interviews with 2 interviewers in each session, nothing particularly unfriendly in the questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about why goldman sachs, and about what you would do in certain situations etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

7 inderviews during a whole day. All interviewers were very nice and helpful, more conversations and less tests. Each person interviewed me according to their own specialization, and they gave me the impression that failing at their questions doesn't necessarily mean I failed the interview, which helped me a lot to remain motivated all along, even after failing at some answers.

Interview Questions

• You’ve got a 10 x 10 x 10 cube made up of 1 x 1 x 1 smaller cubes. You drop the cube and the whole outer layer of cubes fell off. How many cubes are left in the big cube?   2 Answers

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online with a cover letter, then had a hirevue interview and then had final round interviews at their London Office. Consisted of 3 half hour interviews and no tests

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

10 interviews with team members and from other parts of the business. Final interview with the head of the team. They were quick to respond and the interviews were quite casual.

Mortgage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview. The guy asked me about my motivations for wanting to move into finance. He then asked me a bit about ML, about programming (but we had no languages in common, so that didn't go well), and then about maths. The interviewer sounded pretty uninterested in the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why can it be advantageous for a neural network to have millions of parameters?

If an ant moves uniformly at random between adjacent vertices of a cube, what is the expected time to reach the vertex furthest away from where it started?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was swift and the people I met were very helpful and friendly. There were 3 interviews at the final stage and I was questioned on why I wanted to be in the operations team when I was studying Marketing. Seemed odd they only brought up these up at the final stage. They never came back to me with any news so I just had to assume I was unsuccessful.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Following a candidate referral, I was scheduled for 2x30 minutes face to face mini interviews (same day). Very impersonal welcome, the interviewers were late, no apology was offered. Very bad overall impression and shambolic interview process, including the follow up.

Interview Questions

• General CV and experience related questions, ie. explain your experience in X field, how did you manage a difficult situation.   Answer Question