Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.3

274 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

7 inderviews during a whole day. All interviewers were very nice and helpful, more conversations and less tests. Each person interviewed me according to their own specialization, and they gave me the impression that failing at their questions doesn't necessarily mean I failed the interview, which helped me a lot to remain motivated all along, even after failing at some answers.

Interview Questions

• You’ve got a 10 x 10 x 10 cube made up of 1 x 1 x 1 smaller cubes. You drop the cube and the whole outer layer of cubes fell off. How many cubes are left in the big cube?   2 Answers

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online with a cover letter, then had a hirevue interview and then had final round interviews at their London Office. Consisted of 3 half hour interviews and no tests

Mortgage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview. The guy asked me about my motivations for wanting to move into finance. He then asked me a bit about ML, about programming (but we had no languages in common, so that didn't go well), and then about maths. The interviewer sounded pretty uninterested in the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why can it be advantageous for a neural network to have millions of parameters?

If an ant moves uniformly at random between adjacent vertices of a cube, what is the expected time to reach the vertex furthest away from where it started?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was swift and the people I met were very helpful and friendly. There were 3 interviews at the final stage and I was questioned on why I wanted to be in the operations team when I was studying Marketing. Seemed odd they only brought up these up at the final stage. They never came back to me with any news so I just had to assume I was unsuccessful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths   Answer Question

Human Capital Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Online application with a short cover letter. After 3 months I was contacted to do a video interview through an online platform. After 2 weeks I was contacted for a final round in person interview. The interview consisted of three 30 min interviews, mostly behavioural and competency based questions. Have examples ready, be prepared to answer why you want that specific role. The process was smooth and everyone was very nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long and gruelling, includes at least 5 steps. A full-day assessment centre, multiple interviews. The interviewers were somewhat stiff but asked very perspicacious points. Response is speedy, no feedback given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an industrial placement role, then got invited to take part in a pre-recorded interview. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were mainly competency based. After a month or 2 (one month after the application deadline, 2 months after submitting video) I was invited to the final interview stage at their offices where I has 3 back to back 30min interviews, either with 2 interviewers or 1. All the employees were very kind and seemed interested in what you had to say. I got my application decision a week later. I asked for feedback and the people in recruitment actually called me to tell me, which I was surprised by as I'd read here that GS were bad at feedback. There were no technical questions just make sure you really know about the division and the role you're applying too as that was my downfall. I will definitely be applying again!

Placement Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Goldman website for one year placement program in both Finance and Global Investment Research. Received an invitation for digital video interview (on HireVue platform). The interview consisted of 6 questions, 4 of which were behavioural/competency based (fairly straight forward). The other 2 were department/position specific questions. Have yet to hear back.

Financial Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, first round included 3x30 min interviews with the VP and team members and second round was 4x30mins. Staff were very nice and interview was about them getting to know you and seeing how you would fit into the team etc.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your cv, what do you know about the role   Answer Question