Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 19, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

After applying online, I had a video interview which consisted six questions. Passed the video interview and got invited to the super day where I had 3 back to back interviews with employees from the chosen department. It 50-50 with the interview questions, as it was technical and with a lot of "How would you deal with this" scenario and "Have you ever" scenario, and most obvious "Why Goldman Sachs"

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First step the HireVue interview, with 5 competency based questions, next a phone call with someone inside the department, mostly technicaly and about the current status of global market, and finally they fly you out to London for a 2x30 min competency-based interview questions

Interview Questions

• Leadership situations, behavior in groups, market awareness   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths
      Answer Question

Human Capital Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Online application with a short cover letter. After 3 months I was contacted to do a video interview through an online platform. After 2 weeks I was contacted for a final round in person interview. The interview consisted of three 30 min interviews, mostly behavioural and competency based questions. Have examples ready, be prepared to answer why you want that specific role. The process was smooth and everyone was very nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long and gruelling, includes at least 5 steps. A full-day assessment centre, multiple interviews. The interviewers were somewhat stiff but asked very perspicacious points. Response is speedy, no feedback given.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an online HireVue interview, was contacted 2 weeks later to set a date for an interview in London. There were 3 different interview, 2 of them being normal interview questions and situational questions as well. The third was logic test in which a problem had to be solved in the most efficient way.

Interview Questions

• How did you find the training process in your previous job to be?   Answer Question

Quant Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

An initial phone screening.
    A pleasant chat, not very formal.
    Describe your work experience, what you liked about it and what you did not.
    No technical questions (this is first stage).
    Not much chance to ask questions, but I still got some useful insight into the role, which made me even more enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Few motivational questions (why this area, why this company)   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an industrial placement role, then got invited to take part in a pre-recorded interview. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were mainly competency based. After a month or 2 (one month after the application deadline, 2 months after submitting video) I was invited to the final interview stage at their offices where I has 3 back to back 30min interviews, either with 2 interviewers or 1. All the employees were very kind and seemed interested in what you had to say. I got my application decision a week later. I asked for feedback and the people in recruitment actually called me to tell me, which I was surprised by as I'd read here that GS were bad at feedback. There were no technical questions just make sure you really know about the division and the role you're applying too as that was my downfall. I will definitely be applying again!

Placement Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Goldman website for one year placement program in both Finance and Global Investment Research. Received an invitation for digital video interview (on HireVue platform). The interview consisted of 6 questions, 4 of which were behavioural/competency based (fairly straight forward). The other 2 were department/position specific questions. Have yet to hear back.

Financial Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, first round included 3x30 min interviews with the VP and team members and second round was 4x30mins. Staff were very nice and interview was about them getting to know you and seeing how you would fit into the team etc.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your cv, what do you know about the role   Answer Question