Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had to do a series of tests. The interview was a video one and there were 5 question. I had 30 seconds to think about each question and 2 minutes to answer. There were mainly questions about team work, times when you were wrong and when you had to make a decision with incomplete information.

Interview Questions

• Time us about a time your friend was relying on you to complete an assignment, what did you do?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First video interview through HireVue. It was pretty basic (5 in total) and a lot of situational questions. Stressful and strange talking into the camera though... Final question was tailored to the division I had applied for.

London interviews comprised of 3 consecutive ones with a bit more senior employees. To be honest they were all very conversational, the interviewers had some questions that it seemed that they were mandated to ask (but not really wanted to). It was all very situational and competency-based, though it might have been due to my personality though since I know people who have gotten a far more technical interview than myself. Overall great, just stay calm and show that you are good at interacting in team and follow the markets.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Received an invitation to complete an online interview using HireVue and had roughly 5 days to record my answers. You are given the question and then have 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. There are five questions in total. You are not allowed to redo the questions.

Interview Questions

• *These are the questions I can remember. It is not exactly what I was asked but roughly along these lines.*

Your manager calls you into their office and says you are not meeting expectations. What is your reaction and what do you do?

What role do you usually play in a team? Have you acted as leader of a group? If so, how did you manage the team?

You are managing a team and one member is not meeting their targets. How do you resolve the matter?

How does compliance manage the reputation of the firm? Also, explain why you choose your location.
      Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation for a recored interview. It is all based on behavioural questions, five of them in total. I did it at a bad time as I was kind of tired already. Make sure you are in a situation that you can react to the questions quickly and have your brain think clearly. Make sure you can come up with examples fast since you only have 30 seconds to prepare for the questions.

Interview Questions

• Why this location? Why Operations? (The only non behavioural question I can think of)   Answer Question

Collateral Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

the interview process was straight forward; you have to demonstrate you can do the job; however, if you can prove that you are willing to learn and research something you don't is good as well.

Interview Questions

• What is you understanding of EMIR regulations?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 rounds (1 interview in first round, 3 in second round)
    Very friendly and relaxed environment. Was invited into their offices. Interviews were with 4 IBD analysts. Some were semi-technical but not too bad. Were mostly interested in understand your CV

Interview Questions

• Q: Why IBD?
      Q: Why Goldman?
      Q: What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you?
      Q: What is 19 x 21?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Apply for HK IBD office. Receive the Digital Interview Invitation after 1 month, still wait for the next round. Did the interview through Hirevue interview. Less pressure because you are facing less real interaction with people. Can be well prepared if go over possiable behavior questions and background questions.

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to GS?   1 Answer

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

(1) HireVue interview: behavioral/competency questions. You get 30sec to prepare & 2min for your answer. 5 Questions only. I believe it is important to express your ideas clearly and not exceed the time limit - make sure it shows your answer has a proper closing sentence within the time limit. (2) 3 x 30min final round interviews with VPs / directors. Questions were mostly behavioral, few technical ones, very simple brainteasers. I found them very easy, no surprising questions. Very limited time for your own questions: make sure you ask smart questions. I had one of them in my native language; I presume you can expect to be interviewed in any language you state on your CV that you can speak fluently.

Interview Questions

• For the same company valued in the same circumstances, which valuation methodology - comps, transactions & DCF - owuld give the highest valuation?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to build a professional relationship. How did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • What is 16*17?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest mistake that you've ever made?   Answer Question
    • A time when you had to analyse a lot of data and observe trends.   Answer Question

Services Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2016.

Interview

Invited to video interview following online application which required you to submit a cv and covering letter. Difficult questions in the video interview. Gave you 30 seconds to prepare each question and then it started recording and you'd have up to 2 minutes to respond to the question

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Telephone HR round followed by on-site interview with 4 different people on the same day. The process is very swift after the initial CV selection, which can typically take longer than at other banks.

Interview Questions

• Stock pitch, investment idea. View on market. Why Goldman, why Equity Research, Why should I hire you   Answer Question