Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

3.2

521 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2017.

Interview

Interview via Hire Vue, about 8 questions were asked and you get 30s to prepare answer after which it automatically starts recording. It was a mix between situational questions and knowledge based such as M&A

Interview Questions

• Tell us about recent mergers & acquisition news you read about   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The questions were biref and simple. For the technical part, they were fairly simple questions about the concepts and feature of some programming languages. I thought the interview went well enough but since I didn't receive an offer, I guess it really wasn't.

Interview Questions

• Would you use mutable or immutable ADTs for a hash function and why?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Hire Vue Video Interview. The questions were competency and they valuated and analysed your behaviour and values. One question was about the business/division I applied for. Outcome communicated a couple of weeks after

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First a 60min maths test + 60min programming test, both were rather easy. Then a digital HireVue interview roughly two weeks later with behavioural and situational questions. Two weeks after that I was then invited to a live interview in London that I have not attended yet.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the number of ways to climb a stair, where you can either take 1, 2, or 3 steps at a time.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very nice, the whole process was not stressful at all. There were no technical questions, even at the last round. Basically, there were only fit and competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the time when you needed to analyze a lot of data and how you approached this task.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your team member is not contributing?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The first step is the code challenge given directly after the online application. It's from hacker rank and one of them was about dynamic programming. If they are happy about your performance and background then you will be invited to take a video interview. Honestly you cannot prepare for it as the behaviour questions were taken from a big pool. There is another round of 3 onsite interviews for 1.5 hours in total with different level of interviewers should you successful at this stage. I'm not sure if there's a final round of telephone interview (yeah that's wired).

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

You have to fill in an online form; then there is a Hirevue video interview; last round is a Superday (either 1:1 or 2:1 interviews) with various employees of the bank.

Sales and Trading SummerLondon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to last stage assessment centre: 3 face-to-face interviews, thirty minutes each.
    Interviews were more like a chat than an interview, so way more chilled than I expected, although to be honest I am not sure what they were assessing this way.
    Some basic questions "tell me abt yourself" though.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that team problems happen more because of boys or girls?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

Interview

First, two online test, one math, one C++. Both are normal. Second, the virtual video interview, quite strange, only 4 questions and all are behaviour questions. Last, invited to onsite, three 45min interviews one by one. These become more interesting. Questions are behaviour questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If your friend give you the exam questions before the exam, what will you do   Answer Question

Spring Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

One on One interview with the MD of the Investment Banking division. It's 30 minutes long. It begins with the interviewer introducing themselves and their background and then a brief opportunity for you to do the same. They then review your CV and proceed to ask you a few technical questions. Nothing too difficult. I think the main intention is to get a gist of who you are as a person, so just be personable and friendly rather than mechanical and overly prepped.

Interview Questions

• Describe How a merger would occur?   Answer Question
    • Describe the concept of comparative advantage?   Answer Question
    • What is 9/16 as a decimal?   1 Answer
    • There are eight balls. Seven of them weigh the same but one of them has a different weight (heavier or lighter). How do you find the odd ball with two weighs?   1 Answer