Goldman Sachs Vice President Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 67 of over 7,843.0 interviews

Employee Referral19%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Very Technical but Friendly, I had 8 rounds of Interviews with stakeholders, team leads and peers. Discussion was centered around my experience and what I can offer and if I can match the role expectations.

Interview Questions
  • CV Walk-through and SME questions
    Answer Question

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

The process went smoothly with about five different interviewers, with one person not able to make it to the interview on time. The interviews were held via video conferencing application.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my past experience and how it relates to the role, also asked technical questions and assessed my communication.

What people are saying about Goldman Sachs

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Just heard about this Goldman Sachs survey. Why didn’t those overworked analysts just sleep more? Like it’s not that hard? Idk just feels like they’re complaining.

1,297

87 Comments

Finance

48.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Goldman Sachs~2800
Join the conversation on

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Thorough. The interview process contained at least five rounds with people at all levels and from multiple departments that interact with the Marketing role. It was challenging and involved. Be prepared!

Interview Questions
  • If you could improve one of your skills, which would it be and why?

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Initially talked with a recruiter and then interviewed with 7 people from different backgrounds for 30 min to 1 hour. Some coding and some were behavioral. It was a fair process! A very positive experience!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Feb 2022

Interview

Consensus driven with interviews with a number of people across the team. HR teams in consistent contact with candidate and GS personnel frequency reach out to candidate along the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Dec 2021

Interview

For their real estate group - overall pretty quick, just a few quick calls with the team members, mostly asking about background, recent deals. No technical questions, all fit. Met with 3 people, was told I'd hear back next week never heard back

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2021

Interview

Not a great experience. First thing is all the interviewers are from India. Sso you have to attend the interviews early in the morning. Some of them at 6AM in the morning. Second thing I don't like is that the interviewers do not switch on the video. So I felt like I am talking to the wall for the whole time. Third thing, I felt one of the interviewer totally not qualified or was asking questions to impress someone else in the panel. He was asking question totally not related to the role/JD and also not in my cv. Even after I mentioned explicitly that I don't know anything about the tool/technology. So I was Surprised when the HR contacted with the offer. But I decided not to move on after the final interview. 1: Hiring Manager Interview - High- level and regarding the experience 2. Coder pad round - 2 LC easy questions. The interviewer was collaborative 3. Technical Interview - 3 back to back interviews for one hour each and two interviewer per panel.<No breaks- It all happened in same webex call>

Interview Questions
  • LC questions: Sort the hashmap by values count the number of occurrences of the words in a sentence and return the maximum
2 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Initial screening round of coderpad interview. Followed by 4 interviews in a single day. First 2 interviews were coding rounds 3rd Round was related to System Design 4th Round - Hiring Manager round.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

It's a very lengthy process. Goldman only hires a person when they get 100% confident that ther person is a perfect fit for the firm. They make every candidate go through multiple rounds to make sure all the interviewers have a positive feedback for candidates before hiring them. In nutshell they only want to hire best of the best from the market.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage between people management and stakeholder management?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore)

Interview

The interview process with GS was one of the longest I have ever attended. It lasted for a period of 3 months. There were 8 rounds of interview overall and there were too much gap between each round before the recruiter reached back for scheduling further rounds. After about 6 rounds, the recruiter contacted me saying that they had some organizational change and would be considering for an associate level instead of VP level. Finally I received an offer after 3 months.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly about experience, design and role specific questions with one round of coding.
6 people found this interview helpful