Goldman Sachs Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Took 3 months to interview for a VP position. Probably met more than 20 people. nothing too remarkable. mostly focused on personality, with some technical questions about my expertise. i got the sense that the process is always pretty slow, with some feedback from time to time, which was not always clear to me. i was told that it is a place where people tend to stay apparently, but the people whom i met were all relatively new.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Positive feedback from the team and recruiters, but at the end talking about salary expectations I understood that they were looking for a more junior person, and they did not care about years of experience. Sad they did not clarify that from the beginning when I was asked about my expectations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Called by HR person about a week after submitting resume. Interview was with hiring manager and managing director. Basic questions about background etc. Questions related to position and why I wanted to work with GS. Called back in about 3 days from HR person that they selected another person.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work with GS (it's obvious why but having a legit reason is harder).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted in September, 2011, by an outside recruiter. He sent me a brief questionnaire asking some fairly basic questions about options. I was called in for interviews on FOUR separate occasions, meeting 15 people (2 partners, 7 MD's, 6 VP's). One of those 15 people has been a partner for roughly ten years and told me at the end of my interview, "Well, if they want you, I see no reason not to hire you." I was assured by the recruiter and several others that the job was mine. As someone who takes people at their word, I assumed a job offer would be coming shortly. However, the recruiter called me back to let me know that one person didn't like my lack of experience in an area where I have a ton of experience. When I told the recruiter that the explanation was untrue, he said, "He said you were nervous too." Amazingly, not one other person said that, so I responded, "I don't get nervous in interviews." The recruiter said, "Well, that's what he said." Needless to say, I was not impressed by the interviewing process.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2014.

Interview

The initial call to me was from the HR Team informing me about the series of telephonic interview that i've to appear. The interviews kept on happening, some were cancelled on ad-hoc basis and rescheduled at a very short notice. The questions asked by the interviewers were very structured and relevant to the work done by me. Nothing was asked outside my CV. However, the basic questions were repeated and made me felt as if they were following a script.

After appearing for all the interviews (around 5-6 rounds) up-to the level of MD, I was scheduled to visit their office for a final face to face discussion with the HOD. I was asked to book my tickets and thereafter the HR calls and informs me that the interview has been cancelled because one of the panel members was travelling out of India suddenly. Thereafter I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• For a VP position they asked me the question about standard costing which was very unexpected.   Answer Question