Golin Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Golin Intern Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin in June 2016.

Interview

A day after applying I received a phone call asking if I had a few minutes for a phone interview - I enthusiastically accepted. We spoke about my work experience and education as usual. The woman on the phone was very nice and bubbly and seemed to think I would be a good fit based on my experience. I was told would she would forward my information to someone else and get back to me within a week. A week went by and I hadn't heard from anyone at Golin. I followed up with a brief message when my phone call went unanswered. Another week went by, so I sent a brief follow up email. Three weeks after my phone interview I receive an email informing me that they have chosen not to pursue candidacy and I still wonder why not.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite part about your last internship?   1 Answer
  • What was your favorite part about your last internship?   1 Answer
  • What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Golin

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golin.

Interview

A quick phone "interview" that was more a relay of the position to gauge my interest in it. Then an in person interview with various members of the team. All-in-all my in person interview was in 3 sets-- 2 people, 2 people, 1 person.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I didn't have a phone screening because I had a connection through a past application. They have their top ~80 come in for a "blitz interview" where everyone sits in their own room and groups of 1-2 people come in to talk to you and ask you questions. Very casual but also intense because you need to be ready to have multiple conversations about yourself, the industry and the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Candidates were invited in for a "speed dating" type of interview on one of two days. Each candidate had their own room, and employees rotated to each room. Candidates spoke with 4 rounds of 1-2 employees for 15 minutes, after a 30-minute introduction about the company and the internship program.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The Speed Interview as they called it was a cool way for you to be able to meet a lot of different employees and from each of the different disciplines of their G4 Model. Interviewees were stationed in our own room, while the interviewers, usually two rotated to us for about four rounds.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Golin over the other agencies?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that would translate to what you would be doing at Golin?   Answer Question
    • What role on the G4 Model do you think fits you best?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golin.

Interview

They were very professional and made the interview process fun. All candidates were interviewed in two days in two groups, so it was nice to see other people in your position. You interview with 2-3 people at a time for 3-4 rounds. It made it hard to remember everyone's names, so make sure you write it down or ask for their card to write them thank you notes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, heard back a month later. Had a phone interview, then was immediately asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with three people while I was there, all nice women. The office in LA was very nice and located literally in the heart of the financial district. The interview experience was a good one. It felt a bit rushed because I could tell they were busy based on their comments.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What makes you a better fit for this position than other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was very friendly. They had us in private rooms and interviewers will rotate every 10 minutes. The rotation happens 4 times and you would meet employees from entry level positions to senior and managerial positions. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• After working in a team, what would you like their impression of you to be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. One was with the VP and then with the Associates I would be working under. The initial screening is with the HR department and they definitely want people with previous internship experience. If you have that and can talk about it confidently, getting the job is easy.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Straightforward as far as PR internships go. Online application and several in person interviews at the office. Team was friendly and smart!