Golin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.7

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Golin (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone interview, followed by an in-person interview at their offices and then a final stage interview with 3 people. Following that I was offered the role quickly after. There was a short negotiation before I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin.

Interview

One phone screen, two in person interviews, and one lunch meeting. Although I really enjoyed everyone I met with, I did feel like this wasn't their first priority. I had my interview rescheduled, and twice during the interview process the person managing the process did ghosted me. Although they expressed they were interested in me and wanted to move forward, they unfortunately didn't make me feel that way. The recruiting process definitely could have gone smoother on their end. Although I really liked the position and the company, at the end the recruiting process really could have been improved.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, nothing too tricky. Overall it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Golin (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

This was one of the most pleasant and seamless interviewing processes - and one of the most thorough, which I really valued.

The company recognizes that candidates take their search seriously, and HR went the extra mile to make sure I had all my questions answered and vice-versa.

HR/talent management was also very communicative throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your career trajectory and what you’re looking for in your next role.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a situation where something didn’t go as planned but you were able to manage it well/produce an outcome that made you proud.   Answer Question
    • What are your approaches to managing difficult clients/challenging situations?   Answer Question
    • Why do you enjoy working in this field/what inspires you to do what you do?   Answer Question
    • What do you value as your strengths?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They called it "Blitz" interviews. There were four sets of 15 minute interviews with two employees per interview. It was a great way to meet people at the firm. Everyone was extremely polite and you could tell that they really liked where they worked.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen with a recruiter, which led to a Skype interview with hiring managers. Finally, I was given a writing assessment.

I really enjoyed my interview with the recruiter. Props to him, he is doing fantastic work.

My interview with the hiring managers was a little impersonal and I feel like they weren't that interested in me to begin with or had somewhere else to be. I totally understand that but I was bummed that they then sent me a writing assessment to complete with no follow up. Would have loved feedback but again, I do understand this process can turn out that way.

After the writing assessment, I didn't hear back for 3 weeks. I sent one follow up email with no response and finally received a templated rejection email.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golin (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was real basic, meet some people share your experience/portfolio. I liked them and they said I would be a good fit, However they never contacted me again. not to tell me yes or no, I reached out to them several times asking if a decision has been made, no contact. Very unprofessional and disappointing

Manager/Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Golin (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Outreach contact was initiated by an external recruiter, via Linkedin, leading to multiple emails, a screening call, scheduling further calls to include other executives. The recruiter proposed setting a Skype meeting, as part of the process, to allow flexibility in getting a panel of people together at the same time.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Golin in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and later received an email that they would not pursue my candidacy. However, I was contacted again a month later to set up an informational interview. The phone called lasted less than 20 minutes. We discussed my experience and my interest in HR. When I asked about the hiring processes, I was reassured that it was just an informational interview, I am not expecting to hear back.

Interview tip: Have stories ready to give concise professional examples

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Experience working in teams and projects   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin in June 2016.

Interview

A day after applying I received a phone call asking if I had a few minutes for a phone interview - I enthusiastically accepted. We spoke about my work experience and education as usual. The woman on the phone was very nice and bubbly and seemed to think I would be a good fit based on my experience. I was told would she would forward my information to someone else and get back to me within a week. A week went by and I hadn't heard from anyone at Golin. I followed up with a brief message when my phone call went unanswered. Another week went by, so I sent a brief follow up email. Three weeks after my phone interview I receive an email informing me that they have chosen not to pursue candidacy and I still wonder why not.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite part about your last internship?   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite part about your last internship?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in person at their Chicago offices in spring 2016. We started off all in one room where they gave an overview of their internship program, then put each interviewee into their own smaller room. You spent about 15 minutes with each set of interviewers. Generally they paired new employees with older ones to have kind of a rounded view of topics. Everyone was incredibly nice and were easy to talk to.