Good Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First a phone interview and then onsite to meet with 3 different managers. All done in 1 day, which is convenient when you are currently employed elsewhere. Very little back-and-forth and I was notified immediately after of their decision.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process involves a phone screen, then a 4 1/2 hour long on-site interview. Most of the interview questions resolved around performance testing methodologies. There are only a few in-depth technical questions around database and python scripting.

Interview Questions

• How to read a csv file and processed texts in python?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

the interview and hiring process was seamless, the initial contact from the in house recruiter was professional and everything went quickly all the way through my first day of employment

Negotiation

the offer was great so there was no need to negotiate

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Design portfolio review together with several UX/UI designers in a conference room, and a few more on the phone via WebEx. Some questions were smart, some others not too much.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the design implementation of a planned set of features is poor and the release must go live within one day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terrible process. Really unpleasant and unprofessional experience. My job offer went from being accepted to being changed at the last minute by a margin of $25K to finally being signed off again and approved by VP of Finance for the initial amount offered. HUGE red flag.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Good Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Did one phone call with one person who was optimistic about my background and he scheduled another call with another woman at the company. When I told her that I not only did mobile ux, but I currently did web ux as well she abruptly ended the call saying she didn't want to take up anymore of my time and hung up on me. Not a pleasant experience at all.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Straight forward - expect to meet 3-5 people depending on level.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Do your homework and know the industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter calls, sets up a phone interview. Phone interview was very well organized. Called on-site. On-site interview was very well-organized. Post-interview/offer process is a mess. Recruiter was snobby and kind of forced me to tell my current compensation details. He said "We will NOT proceed if you don't tell your compensation numbers". I haven't checked but it may very well be against the law to do so.

Recruiter played games. When he came to know that my current salary is very low, he started demeaning my current company and the job and talking highly about the new company. He kept on saying that your offer is being printed. He asked me to gather references but never asked for them. Excuses, Excuses and Excuses to delay giving me a written offer letter. First, their administrator was on vacation who would have typed the letter, then their EVP was travelling, then their administrator was in an orientation. Finally, they gave a verbal offer. They said, they will give the written in an hour but than they backtracked. At this time, I had have enough of them. I told them honestly and clearly about getting tired of the games they have been playing. Character is more important than any higher paycheck out there !

My advise to all the candidates out there is that don't base your decision based on my experience. If you like Good and the position - go for it ! But don't get into the trap. As a general rule:
    1. Never disclose your salary/compensation
    2. The recruiter never works for you - he works for the company and thinks for the good of it !
    3. Don't generalize my experience with other opportunities. The team I interviewed with seem bright and were all happy.
    4. If wealth is lost something is lost, if character is lost everything is lost !
    5. Don't sell yourself - you are not a resource ! You are a human being with a heart ! Work for a company that treats you like one.

Application

Interview

Interview went very well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Hiring Process: They had couple of open positions in different areas. But the job description given was not matching any of those open positions.

Phone Interview: With hiring manager. Felt like talking to a automated voice on the other end. Not friendly.

Onsite Interview: Had 4 rounds. One of the interviewer was rude. The moment I gave a wrong answer, interviewer started showing an unfriendly body language. As if he has rejected me at that point and don't care about what I think about them. After interview, I thought its good in a way I gave that wrong answer.

Questions were standard, I didn't brush up well for this interview, so its my (good) mistake.

Company culture on how they treat people matters a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Good Technology (Farmers Branch, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a friend of a friend. I contacted the recruiting agency and was setup with a phone interview by one programmer on the team that I now work with. They finally followed up with an in-person interview where I was met by the entire team in groups of 2 or 3 at a time. I was asked a series of technical questions that gauged knowledge relevant to the job position. A few management types also interviewed me to give me a high-level of the job role and what it's like to work for the company (no technical questions by them).

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about Winsock2 which I hadn't worked with in a few years, and I had failed to brush up on that before the interview, but I worked through it the best that I could.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. I was presented with an offer up-front and had to request a special exception to increase the salary I would start out with. I only managed to get about a 5% boost in their initial offer.