Good Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Good Technology Interview Questions

2.7

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Good Technology (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview with recruiter
    Interview with line manager / VP Sales
    Interview with VP EMEA
    Interview with Panel of 5 people including VP EMEA, SE Manager, SE, Account Manager. Role Play Presenting Good value proposition to Barclays Account.
    Interview with HR Manager

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure a fast ramp up to productivity?
      What relationships do I have in global banks?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Good Technology (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviews with hiring managers, HR and finally a selection board with presentation. The selection procedure is thorough, the company is looking for A players and the process is designed to hand pick successful and creative A players.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was average, nothing too crazy, did a tour of the office and met other team members, sat in a small room and talked to a recruiter and hiring manager, went over my resume and discussed current processes and procedures to see if I was up for it

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Design portfolio review together with several UX/UI designers in a conference room, and a few more on the phone via WebEx. Some questions were smart, some others not too much.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the design implementation of a planned set of features is poor and the release must go live within one day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terrible process. Really unpleasant and unprofessional experience. My job offer went from being accepted to being changed at the last minute by a margin of $25K to finally being signed off again and approved by VP of Finance for the initial amount offered. HUGE red flag.

Agile Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone screen by HR
    One phone screen by hiring manager
    On site interview - panel of 5 interviews, followed by meeting with the hiring manager and discussion with HR.

I received a phone call from the recruiter a couple of days later to notify that they would like to continue with the process.
    There was a hiring terms discussion, followed by offer that had to be signed within 2 days

Interview Questions

• Do you belive that each team member should be able to take any user story from the backlog?   Answer Question
    • What is step #1 in Agile adoption?   Answer Question
    • whos role is to breakdown large user stories to small ones?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiation in a very positive open way

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I have never worked with a more thorough, thoughtful and considerate recruiter. From the beginning of the entire process until the end, he keep me in the loop at every turn. Starting with a phone screen where he really took to the time to understand what I was trying to accomplish with my search, what I was passionate about, this was awesome and a first. After my phone screen with the computer he scheduled a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me questions about my previous work, what excited me about, what contributions I was most excited about, and he too wanted to know the purpose of my search and what I was trying to achieve. He asked me a few basic technical questions, but I got the sense that he was looking first for fit in terms of passion for the actual work.

The onsite interview took one day, took approximately four hours, and I meet not only with the entire team, but I also meet with the hiring manager and the VP. At each stage in the interview process the recruiter personally introduced me to each interviewer, it was great. I didn't feel like I was interviewing at all, but rather a guest in their home.

Interview Questions

• I will not reveal the technical aspect of the interview, but I will suggest that the interviewers start with basics and gradually escalate the questions. For the questions I didn't know, they assume the role of a teammate and walked me through the problems until I grasped what they were looking for and solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

From the very beginning of the process the recruiter was transparent and candid. On the first call he asked me for my current salary, and the month and year of my last review. He asked me what I was looking for, then gave me the range of the position. At this point he acknowledged that I was above the range for the position. He asked if I was still interested in moving forward, and I told him I was. He told me candidly that he would do the best he could to get the approval to match my current salary, but that it wasn't a sure thing. The way he openly explained to me that the company was very conservative with their spending, and that they fiscally responsible. He said the company didn't want to be the start up that didn't make it, because they overspent.

At the offer stage they were unable to match my current salary, short roughly $5,000. I accepted the position anyway figuring I would make back over time as the result of my shorter commute, and the far more interesting work I would be engaged with.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Good Technology.

Interview

The interview process at Good Technology was fine, pleasant, average, nothing to write home about, not too long of an interview process which was nice because it didn't take too long

Confidential Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Good Technology.

Interview

Standard fare stuff. The process started with a by-the-numbers phone call with a recruiter, followed by in-person interviews with 6 executives over the course of two days. I received an offer from another company during the process, and I was impressed by the speed and good disposition of Good's response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual or particularly memorable. It was straightforward.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Straight forward - expect to meet 3-5 people depending on level.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Do your homework and know the industry.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Good Technology (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Initial communication was over email via LinkedIn. I was contacted by a recruiter and then Began with several phone interviews. In all honesty, I had never heard of Good Technology before I was contacted. The phone interviews went well and this led to a 1/2-day in-person interview with 4 employees (from multiple departments). Since that went reasonably well, the final step was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. All in all, it was a favorable experience.

Interview Questions

• Not that the questions were difficult, but one of the interviewers was "less than seasoned" to put it politely. He seemed to be very mechanical in his interviewing style, exchanged NO pleasantries (not even a hello when he entered the room), and stared as his notes while seemingly reading predetermined questions for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a "reasonable" offer.