Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Art Director Interview

Interview

Speaking to interns, the interview went well. I got hired on the spot. Your book speaks volumes, so without good previous work, it's probably pretty impossible to get a chance here. The chances of getting hired full time during the internship are slim to none.

Brand Strategist Interview

Interview

Casual, fun, get to know you. Be yourself and keep it natural. You will meet with about 4-5 different people, across various departments. It's all about chemistry and understanding how you think.

Senior Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by phone and asked to come in for a day of interviews. A full day followed with six hour-long interviews (one over lunch) with various department heads, including one with Rich Silverstein. Afterwards, I had a short catchup with the hiring manager and left.

None of the interviews were standard and all felt like beer tests. No one asked anything taxing and they felt like friendly chats more than anything else.

Afterwards an offer came via email.

Interview Questions

• Questions were conversational and nothing seemed designed to catch me out in any way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was standard and after a few conversational emails we reached an agreement with an increased salary.

Production Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me what I was interested in learning said they were happy to have me. A friend referred me to them so they had no problem letting me work there. It was a very relaxing environment. They seemed enthusiastic for me to start. The people seemed forward thinking. I felt positive about the experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with producing?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Someone in 'employee services' reached out to me on LinkedIn about the role a few months back and set up a phone screen that she ended up totally flaking on. Given I had been upfront that I was happy in my current job with her before we set up the call, that should have been the first red flag but I had so much respect for the agency that I decided to reschedule and eventually was invited in for round after round of in-person interviews amounting to one full day interview and three separate shorter interviews. It was almost too casual because nobody had any thoughtful questions to ask in my opinion. The interviewers were all nice but it was obvious there was a lack of direction and the team was not very cohesive. One interviewer, in particular, was about 20 minutes late and proceeded to engage in a conversation with someone else that had bursted into the room in the middle of what little time remained. Still, I was optimistic about the account I'd be working on and what I could bring to the role after I had received good feedback after each round. I finally met with someone returning to the agency who did not seem to understand the role at all nor had he been briefed on anything. This final interviewer was nice but at this point, it was clear the agency lacked direction and was pretty top heavy resulting in a culture that felt just checked out. I figured I'd flesh out some of these red flags if they presented a good offer. My recruiter then told me she would follow up with me "early next week". The next week came and went without a word so I made a call and emailed again to check in which went unreturned for yet another week. I then reached out to withdraw my candidacy and provide some feedback given their brand as an agency had been so tarnished by this whole process. Within minutes I received a "we are going in a different direction anyway" kind of response from my recruiter. No mention of the fact that I had called and emailed earlier to withdraw my candidacy given the experience. I forwarded the email chain to an agency partner and decided to just walk away feeling grateful I dodged a bullet and had gained a new appreciation for my current job I was already happy with. The recruiter asked to follow up on the experience I had mentioned but of course never bothered to respond when I suggested a few times for us to connect. I wasn't surprised given the experience I had had but it's still unfortunate that my time was wasted and that I was treated with such disrespect from an agency I had once admired.

Interview Questions

• Why are we hiring for this role and what does this role do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had.

I had one in person interview with the Employee Services Associate Director who reached out to me after applying to a Craiglist ad. First of all, she was 15 minutes late, due to being "stuck in a meeting". Then she sat me down in her office, told me absolutely nothing about the job position or the company, and proceeded to ask me about my previous job experience. She threw in 2-3 very basic questions in there, then asked, "any questions"? I was shocked and thrown off guard because she barely asked or told me anything. I proceeded to ask her about 6-7 questions, which she put no effort into responding to. Honestly this company needs to train their employees to interview better, because I was given absolutely no chance in this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job experiences.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (Detroit, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with several people. Interviews were non conventional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

They mainly asked about my background and saw if I was a good personality fit with the team. I met with no less than 5 people and the interview lasted a few hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate unfortunately, but I think for this role there would not be much room. It's a starting point at the company and includes overtime hours, which most other roles here do not.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got hired as an intern so the creative recruiter called me after looking at my book and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• This really isn't applicable for my interview. We just chatted about general career goals and what life would be like in San Francisco since I was moving from Atlanta.   Answer Question

ACD Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

Came in to meet with a few people, just a couple hours. They force most people down in title, which was tough for everyone i'd talked to about this. Had an offer in a few days, accepted and I was done everything in 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions were asked. Which I liked. I thought they were respectful enough to trust based on your portfolio. The interview was just a personality test to make sure you aren't a jerk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate about title, which they force most people down a title. No go. Money was no problem. Was offered the same/current salary (which was a step up from my offered title). Easy.