Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Brand Strategist Interview

Interview

Casual, fun, get to know you. Be yourself and keep it natural. You will meet with about 4-5 different people, across various departments. It's all about chemistry and understanding how you think.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had.

I had one in person interview with the Employee Services Associate Director who reached out to me after applying to a Craiglist ad. First of all, she was 15 minutes late, due to being "stuck in a meeting". Then she sat me down in her office, told me absolutely nothing about the job position or the company, and proceeded to ask me about my previous job experience. She threw in 2-3 very basic questions in there, then asked, "any questions"? I was shocked and thrown off guard because she barely asked or told me anything. I proceeded to ask her about 6-7 questions, which she put no effort into responding to. Honestly this company needs to train their employees to interview better, because I was given absolutely no chance in this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job experiences.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Someone in 'employee services' reached out to me on LinkedIn about the role a few months back and set up a phone screen that she ended up totally flaking on. Given I had been upfront that I was happy in my current job with her before we set up the call, that should have been the first red flag but I had so much respect for the agency that I decided to reschedule and eventually was invited in for round after round of in-person interviews amounting to one full day interview and three separate shorter interviews. It was almost too casual because nobody had any thoughtful questions to ask in my opinion. The interviewers were all nice but it was obvious there was a lack of direction and the team was not very cohesive. One interviewer, in particular, was about 20 minutes late and proceeded to engage in a conversation with someone else that had bursted into the room in the middle of what little time remained. Still, I was optimistic about the account I'd be working on and what I could bring to the role after I had received good feedback after each round. I finally met with someone returning to the agency who did not seem to understand the role at all nor had he been briefed on anything. This final interviewer was nice but at this point, it was clear the agency lacked direction and was pretty top heavy resulting in a culture that felt just checked out. I figured I'd flesh out some of these red flags if they presented a good offer. My recruiter then told me she would follow up with me "early next week". The next week came and went without a word so I made a call and emailed again to check in which went unreturned for yet another week. I then reached out to withdraw my candidacy and provide some feedback given their brand as an agency had been so tarnished by this whole process. Within minutes I received a "we are going in a different direction anyway" kind of response from my recruiter. No mention of the fact that I had called and emailed earlier to withdraw my candidacy given the experience. I forwarded the email chain to an agency partner and decided to just walk away feeling grateful I dodged a bullet and had gained a new appreciation for my current job I was already happy with. The recruiter asked to follow up on the experience I had mentioned but of course never bothered to respond when I suggested a few times for us to connect. I wasn't surprised given the experience I had had but it's still unfortunate that my time was wasted and that I was treated with such disrespect from an agency I had once admired.

Interview Questions

• Why are we hiring for this role and what does this role do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkinIn. Received an email to come in for an initial screening interview (which honestly could've been done over the phone). Heard back the following week to come in to meet with the team I'd be supporting. Met with the head of HR, and 4 of the Account Executives. Was basically to see if we'd be a fit for each other. They were very informal interviews that lasted about 30 minutes per person. At the end of the interview, was told to follow up with HR for status and next steps. Followed up twice and never heard back.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process at GS&P was great and very fluid. I interviewed first with the HR director and then moved on to members of the team (I think 10 in total). It was a long few days but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. This interview style was conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about brands responding on social media in times of crisis?   Answer Question

Creative Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

Great process up until the wrap-up. Met with the team etc. got resoundingly positive feedback. Never heard from them again until 8 months later where I got a copied and pasted rejection that had obviously been used at another time/with another candidate. Cool company, cool people, unorganized interview process and left me wondering how unorganized internal HR might have been.

Brand Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

It was a smooth process. The recruiter was personable and easy to talk to. It was a casual interview. My interviewers had already reviewed my work, which was refreshing and made the conversations feel natural. Ultimately it was a great experience and had quick turnaround.

Interview Questions

• Asked to discuss my work, my experience and why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and professional. They go to a lot of trouble to allow you to meet key agency figures. They seem to spend a decent amount of time talking to candidates, I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to move to SF   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

At least 3+ rounds of interviews. Took roughly 3 weeks. The process was pretty easy and had great communication all the way through with the hiring team. Interview first with the hiring manager/HR team and then move on to the specific team/brand.

Interview Questions

• What is unique about you and what can you bring to the agency?   Answer Question

Production Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me what I was interested in learning said they were happy to have me. A friend referred me to them so they had no problem letting me work there. It was a very relaxing environment. They seemed enthusiastic for me to start. The people seemed forward thinking. I felt positive about the experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with producing?   1 Answer