Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 17, 2017

2.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with one of the hr people to talk about the position and my background before I could move on to the next steps of meeting the team. It started out great but then turned into what felt like an interrogation/therapy session for everything that was wrong with me and my resume.... basically the most humiliating hour of my life.

Interview Questions

• biggest challenge you've ever been faced with in life................   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 phone interview with HR, 5 interviews live in 1 day before getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot of wiggle room with salaries, as there are tiers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I networked in through a friend that works there. I've heard that they don't accept random applicants as they are mostly concerned about culture/fit (aka "the beer test") and a solid agency background (which is great). I interviewed with their recruiting manager first and she did a great job grilling me -- lots and lots of poignant questions like why I left certain jobs, technical questions about my capabilities/digital experience etc... a few weeks later I interviewed with account directors and a group account director... all in all, it was a good interview experience and the people are nice.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave this job?   Answer Question
    • They will ask if you're up to speed on the very latest in digital and mobile... etc.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process at GS&P was great and very fluid. I interviewed first with the HR director and then moved on to members of the team (I think 10 in total). It was a long few days but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. This interview style was conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about brands responding on social media in times of crisis?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This is a company I had been wanting to work for throughout my advertising career. I could tell you all of their award winning campaigns and think through most of the strategic insight they unearthed. Unfortunately, the interview process really made me think twice about this agency.

I was first connected to the New York office by Rich Silverstein himself (met him at my university where he gave me a name of his coworker and I later found the person on LinkedIn). I had a brief informational interview with another woman and she referred me to HR at the San Francisco office. I contacted HR there and received very flaky responses and cancellations on phone meetings that we were supposed to have. The conversation ended there.

Five months later I contacted the same HR rep in SF, knowing she might be more interested in talking to me after getting more experience during a job I took in the meantime. She was interested and we had an informational interview that went well. She was nice and seemed friendly and easy to talk to. The interview led to her contacting me about a month later with a job opening. I was flown out to SF to meet with two account teams. I had seven interviews over the course of the two days. Times were moved around and meetings were rearranged but all seven interviews went on. The people seemed nice, though I had my reservations about the vibe of the office and the city as a whole.

Before I flew back home I sent HR a thank you note and asked when I would hear back from them. A week went by with no response so I sent another follow-up email. Nothing, so I sent another follow-up. Crickets. Another week went by (a total of 4 weeks) and I finally heard that they decided to go with another candidate.

Now if I would have heard within the first two weeks some kind of update that they were still interviewing candidates, I would have been completely fine and even more willing to accept that I did not get the job. However, after being strung along for an entire month with no update, I really lost respect for their HR process. Not something I want to deal with again.

Interview Questions

• After speaking about some work I had produced at my previous job, I was asked to evaluate my supervisor's decisions on the direction of the campaign.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The company seemed very chill. I noticed the dress code was casual and employees can bring their pets in which I thought was cool. The interviewing process itself was fairly standard. Meeting with two people, each interview took about 25-30 minutes each. I was asked what it is about marketing that interests me, what marketing projects I've worked on and what I know about the company. What happened after the interview is what was a huge let down for me. I was told they would contact me for a follow up group interview. I tried to get in touch with the company to follow up on my status and didn't hear back for weeks. And I heard I didn't get the job through word of mouth which isn't the most professional way to go about this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I only had a day of interviews. It was a rapid fire of four different employees from varied levels within Goodby. They expect you to have a lot of questions, so be prepared to ask. They'll judge you if you don't have a good set prepared. You should ask about everything from how people like their jobs to what the group / project dynamics are. They're busy people, so don't waste their time with generic questions either.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've faced while managing a project and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkinIn. Received an email to come in for an initial screening interview (which honestly could've been done over the phone). Heard back the following week to come in to meet with the team I'd be supporting. Met with the head of HR, and 4 of the Account Executives. Was basically to see if we'd be a fit for each other. They were very informal interviews that lasted about 30 minutes per person. At the end of the interview, was told to follow up with HR for status and next steps. Followed up twice and never heard back.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and professional. They go to a lot of trouble to allow you to meet key agency figures. They seem to spend a decent amount of time talking to candidates, I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to move to SF   1 Answer

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got hired as an intern so the creative recruiter called me after looking at my book and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• This really isn't applicable for my interview. We just chatted about general career goals and what life would be like in San Francisco since I was moving from Atlanta.   Answer Question