Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 17, 2017

2.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by phone and asked to come in for a day of interviews. A full day followed with six hour-long interviews (one over lunch) with various department heads, including one with Rich Silverstein. Afterwards, I had a short catchup with the hiring manager and left.

None of the interviews were standard and all felt like beer tests. No one asked anything taxing and they felt like friendly chats more than anything else.

Afterwards an offer came via email.

Interview Questions

• Questions were conversational and nothing seemed designed to catch me out in any way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was standard and after a few conversational emails we reached an agreement with an increased salary.

Production Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me what I was interested in learning said they were happy to have me. A friend referred me to them so they had no problem letting me work there. It was a very relaxing environment. They seemed enthusiastic for me to start. The people seemed forward thinking. I felt positive about the experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with producing?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Someone in 'employee services' reached out to me on LinkedIn about the role a few months back and set up a phone screen that she ended up totally flaking on. Given I had been upfront that I was happy in my current job with her before we set up the call, that should have been the first red flag but I had so much respect for the agency that I decided to reschedule and eventually was invited in for round after round of in-person interviews amounting to one full day interview and three separate shorter interviews. It was almost too casual because nobody had any thoughtful questions to ask in my opinion. The interviewers were all nice but it was obvious there was a lack of direction and the team was not very cohesive. One interviewer, in particular, was about 20 minutes late and proceeded to engage in a conversation with someone else that had bursted into the room in the middle of what little time remained. Still, I was optimistic about the account I'd be working on and what I could bring to the role after I had received good feedback after each round. I finally met with someone returning to the agency who did not seem to understand the role at all nor had he been briefed on anything. This final interviewer was nice but at this point, it was clear the agency lacked direction and was pretty top heavy resulting in a culture that felt just checked out. I figured I'd flesh out some of these red flags if they presented a good offer. My recruiter then told me she would follow up with me "early next week". The next week came and went without a word so I made a call and emailed again to check in which went unreturned for yet another week. I then reached out to withdraw my candidacy and provide some feedback given their brand as an agency had been so tarnished by this whole process. Within minutes I received a "we are going in a different direction anyway" kind of response from my recruiter. No mention of the fact that I had called and emailed earlier to withdraw my candidacy given the experience. I forwarded the email chain to an agency partner and decided to just walk away feeling grateful I dodged a bullet and had gained a new appreciation for my current job I was already happy with. The recruiter asked to follow up on the experience I had mentioned but of course never bothered to respond when I suggested a few times for us to connect. I wasn't surprised given the experience I had had but it's still unfortunate that my time was wasted and that I was treated with such disrespect from an agency I had once admired.

Interview Questions

• Why are we hiring for this role and what does this role do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had.

I had one in person interview with the Employee Services Associate Director who reached out to me after applying to a Craiglist ad. First of all, she was 15 minutes late, due to being "stuck in a meeting". Then she sat me down in her office, told me absolutely nothing about the job position or the company, and proceeded to ask me about my previous job experience. She threw in 2-3 very basic questions in there, then asked, "any questions"? I was shocked and thrown off guard because she barely asked or told me anything. I proceeded to ask her about 6-7 questions, which she put no effort into responding to. Honestly this company needs to train their employees to interview better, because I was given absolutely no chance in this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job experiences.   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

They mainly asked about my background and saw if I was a good personality fit with the team. I met with no less than 5 people and the interview lasted a few hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate unfortunately, but I think for this role there would not be much room. It's a starting point at the company and includes overtime hours, which most other roles here do not.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got hired as an intern so the creative recruiter called me after looking at my book and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• This really isn't applicable for my interview. We just chatted about general career goals and what life would be like in San Francisco since I was moving from Atlanta.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and professional. They go to a lot of trouble to allow you to meet key agency figures. They seem to spend a decent amount of time talking to candidates, I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to move to SF   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkinIn. Received an email to come in for an initial screening interview (which honestly could've been done over the phone). Heard back the following week to come in to meet with the team I'd be supporting. Met with the head of HR, and 4 of the Account Executives. Was basically to see if we'd be a fit for each other. They were very informal interviews that lasted about 30 minutes per person. At the end of the interview, was told to follow up with HR for status and next steps. Followed up twice and never heard back.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I only had a day of interviews. It was a rapid fire of four different employees from varied levels within Goodby. They expect you to have a lot of questions, so be prepared to ask. They'll judge you if you don't have a good set prepared. You should ask about everything from how people like their jobs to what the group / project dynamics are. They're busy people, so don't waste their time with generic questions either.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've faced while managing a project and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The company seemed very chill. I noticed the dress code was casual and employees can bring their pets in which I thought was cool. The interviewing process itself was fairly standard. Meeting with two people, each interview took about 25-30 minutes each. I was asked what it is about marketing that interests me, what marketing projects I've worked on and what I know about the company. What happened after the interview is what was a huge let down for me. I was told they would contact me for a follow up group interview. I tried to get in touch with the company to follow up on my status and didn't hear back for weeks. And I heard I didn't get the job through word of mouth which isn't the most professional way to go about this.