Goodman Masson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a role who Goodman Masson were recruiting for. I had a telephone conversation with the recruiter. The recruiter clearly didn't know about the technical aspects of this finance role e.g. key terminology. After preparing for the interview for days, for some reason on the day of the interview the recruiter decided to cancel. Of course, just like the majority of recruiters, they lied and said how the company were moving forward internally with the role (so original) and that they'd give me a shout if it came live. Sure enough, they never did. Pathetic time wasters.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very conversational and most questions based on my experience and my CV. They asked why recruitment and why Goodman Masson, and why I thought I had the skills to succeed there

Interview Questions

• What experience I had previously had that would help me in this role. Why recruitment and Goodman Masson in particular. Some personal questions too like what my parents do   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with the head of recruitment for the program in the office. After passing that stage I then had an interview with a director, who went over my application again and also interviewed. I was told that same day I didn't get it, but was very impressed at the efficiency of the process.

Interview Questions

• Why Goodman Masson?
      What skills do I have that make me a better candidate than others?
      Questions about my experience of cold calling.
      Situational questions   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Invited to head office twice, had 5 separate interviews with Md's. Very thorough process and transparent too. Seemed genuinely interested in me and they were keen to know why Goodman Masson in particular and why they should choose me over someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, very thorough, lots about CV and motivations, why GM.   1 Answer

Trainee Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 separate rounds.

The first round included a general chat with the in-house recruiter followed by a manager and consultant. All of whom made me feel very welcome.

The second round consisted of interviewing with 3 separate managers each again very welcoming.

A sales aptitude/psychometric test was then conducted.

The 3rd and final round was an interview with a board member with the results of the aforementioned test to create directed questions. This was as expected the most difficult test with responses during the interview from the interviewee being somewhat withdrawn.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson in December 2010.

Interview

My CV was put forward for this role by a recruiter who had previously put me forward for other similar roles. Goodman Masson responded quickly expressing interest and looking to arrange an initial phone interview. The phone interview was arranged quickly and easily for a few days later giving me time to prepare. My potential line manager rang at the agreed time and the conversation was friendly, lasting about 30 minutes, after which he invited me to their offices for a face-to-face interview.

My 1:1 interview took place a few days after the phone call. It lasted about 2 hours and was more hostile that the original phone call despite being conducted by the same person. Questions were fired off quite quickly and a number were pretty intrusive, e.g. the size of my savings account as a measure of how well (or not) I had done in previous roles. During the interview it also transpired that the position available was completely different to the one sold to me (and my external recruiter), i.e. handling temporary placements not permanent ones and in a completely different market sector to the one I had knowledge of. At the end, my interviewer stated that he wanted a colleague to meet me too. I waited about 10 minutes for his colleague to arrive and interview me. This interview consisted of him talking at me for 35 minutes and only asking me three questions!

Despite my and my (external) recruiters best efforts, over a two week period, we never managed to get a response as to whether I had been successful or not. Goodman Masson did not even show basic courtesy by sending a one line email to inform me that I hadn't got the role...and to this day, still haven't.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain why you only achieved a 2:2 at university given that since then you have had a successful career?   Answer Question