Goodman Masson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodman Masson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.5

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with the head of recruitment for the program in the office. After passing that stage I then had an interview with a director, who went over my application again and also interviewed. I was told that same day I didn't get it, but was very impressed at the efficiency of the process.

Interview Questions

• Why Goodman Masson?
      What skills do I have that make me a better candidate than others?
      Questions about my experience of cold calling.
      Situational questions
      Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson in December 2010.

Interview

My CV was put forward for this role by a recruiter who had previously put me forward for other similar roles. Goodman Masson responded quickly expressing interest and looking to arrange an initial phone interview. The phone interview was arranged quickly and easily for a few days later giving me time to prepare. My potential line manager rang at the agreed time and the conversation was friendly, lasting about 30 minutes, after which he invited me to their offices for a face-to-face interview.

My 1:1 interview took place a few days after the phone call. It lasted about 2 hours and was more hostile that the original phone call despite being conducted by the same person. Questions were fired off quite quickly and a number were pretty intrusive, e.g. the size of my savings account as a measure of how well (or not) I had done in previous roles. During the interview it also transpired that the position available was completely different to the one sold to me (and my external recruiter), i.e. handling temporary placements not permanent ones and in a completely different market sector to the one I had knowledge of. At the end, my interviewer stated that he wanted a colleague to meet me too. I waited about 10 minutes for his colleague to arrive and interview me. This interview consisted of him talking at me for 35 minutes and only asking me three questions!

Despite my and my (external) recruiters best efforts, over a two week period, we never managed to get a response as to whether I had been successful or not. Goodman Masson did not even show basic courtesy by sending a one line email to inform me that I hadn't got the role...and to this day, still haven't.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain why you only achieved a 2:2 at university given that since then you have had a successful career?   Answer Question