Goodman Masson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

3.4

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two stage interview that was efficient, professional and gave me all the facts as well as allowing me to meet other senior managers and directors in the business. I met my direct line manager firstly who gave me a full synopsis of their business and needs and where I could personally fit in. They asked me a number of questions about my key deliverables at my previous company. They then explained all about the benefits, commission and internal tools that are brilliant as I have found out

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodman Masson.

Interview

I was approach on LinkedIn by a manager, an he was quite creative on his approach which picked my interest to know more about the company.
    After meeting with the Manager I meet the MD and since I wanted to joined a different area that the I was approached to I met with the Divisional Director and the Manager of that specif desk

Interview Questions

• Why GM? I appreciate we approached you in the first place, but why are you siting on that chair?
      What are your main clients?
      How do you target and build your market?
      What are your plans to build and setup your desk here? What's your business plan?
      What do you like to do with your free time?
      Can you describe me a your week as a recruitment consultant?
      1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for 2 interviews, the first with the MD and then the 2nd with a couple of managers as they tried to figure out which team to put me in.

The interview was very professional, he went through my CV and asked me questions surrounding certain moves and education and then proceeded to give me a fair and comprehensive overview on the company, it was as much about sellign the company to me as it was me selling myself to the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous performance in recruitment role   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Thorough and challenging. Got to meet most of the team,one of which was very honest and gave excellent advice for the next stage.The entire process was transparent, straightforward, and I was made to feel very comfortable.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

2 stage interview - first one was with marketing manager and second one with director who covers marketing department. Second interview also included a indesign test. First stage was pretty laid back and we just talked through previous achievements and experience. Second stage with the director was however a little more difficult as the director really hones in on your personality and whether you would fit in with the team or not.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a 2 stage interview and had to complete some written scenario based questions in my first interview, and met the Marketing Manager and Marketing Executive seperately. They asked me general questions about my experience and interest in the role. I then met the CEO Guy Hayward in my second interview, who asked me more in depth questions about my interest in the role and about me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Goodman Masson/work for a recruitment agency?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was unsure about moving at first and Goodman Masson were really good at providing me with information, answering my questions and giving me time to think. I started the process with a phone call and was given the chance to ask questions about the company and the potential opportunities. Following this I meant lots of people across the business.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your career   1 Answer

Senior Client Services Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very smooth. I felt comfortable in both of the interviews that were completed. The first was with my Line Manager and the overall Manager of the team. The second was with the same employees but also the employee that I was replacing.

Although the interview was difficult as I had to prove my skills and expertise, I was very impressed with the organisation. Rather than sell the business to me on the basis of the benefits that I would receive, my Line Manager highlighted to me the importance of the team.

What sold the business and the role to me was the passion behind the employees within the team. Both were very clear about the team's objectives and how they contributed to the success of the business.

Two years on and I still believe that Goodman Masson are great at the way the interview and the processes involved. They are very consistent in selecting top talent for the business.

Interview Questions

• To demonstrate my experience   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 Interviews. With CEO, Senior Management and Manager. 2 week process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negoiation

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Messed up. Brought in to the office in January. Met three senior managers and was told I had the job. Called a week later and told the job was not available until April. Called in march and told that my job was no longer available and could I come in for further interviews. Had more interviews offered a job. Started in April then told to leave to weeks later despite topping he company league table in terms of kpi. Ridiculous reason given for termination. Company may be under some trouble.....

Interview Questions

• Prepare with all the usual questions. Why do you want to work in recruitment etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took over four months to have something in place. A lot of the staff are secretly unhappy. Several mentioned leaving