Goodman Masson Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodman Masson Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

3.3

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodman Masson.

Interview

I was approach on LinkedIn by a manager, an he was quite creative on his approach which picked my interest to know more about the company.
After meeting with the Manager I meet the MD and since I wanted to joined a different area that the I was approached to I met with the Divisional Director and the Manager of that specif desk

Interview Questions

• Why GM? I appreciate we approached you in the first place, but why are you siting on that chair?
    What are your main clients?
    How do you target and build your market?
    What are your plans to build and setup your desk here? What's your business plan?
    What do you like to do with your free time?
    Can you describe me a your week as a recruitment consultant?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goodman Masson

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for 2 interviews, the first with the MD and then the 2nd with a couple of managers as they tried to figure out which team to put me in.

The interview was very professional, he went through my CV and asked me questions surrounding certain moves and education and then proceeded to give me a fair and comprehensive overview on the company, it was as much about sellign the company to me as it was me selling myself to the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous performance in recruitment role   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson in December 2010.

Interview

My CV was put forward for this role by a recruiter who had previously put me forward for other similar roles. Goodman Masson responded quickly expressing interest and looking to arrange an initial phone interview. The phone interview was arranged quickly and easily for a few days later giving me time to prepare. My potential line manager rang at the agreed time and the conversation was friendly, lasting about 30 minutes, after which he invited me to their offices for a face-to-face interview.

My 1:1 interview took place a few days after the phone call. It lasted about 2 hours and was more hostile that the original phone call despite being conducted by the same person. Questions were fired off quite quickly and a number were pretty intrusive, e.g. the size of my savings account as a measure of how well (or not) I had done in previous roles. During the interview it also transpired that the position available was completely different to the one sold to me (and my external recruiter), i.e. handling temporary placements not permanent ones and in a completely different market sector to the one I had knowledge of. At the end, my interviewer stated that he wanted a colleague to meet me too. I waited about 10 minutes for his colleague to arrive and interview me. This interview consisted of him talking at me for 35 minutes and only asking me three questions!

Despite my and my (external) recruiters best efforts, over a two week period, we never managed to get a response as to whether I had been successful or not. Goodman Masson did not even show basic courtesy by sending a one line email to inform me that I hadn't got the role...and to this day, still haven't.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain why you only achieved a 2:2 at university given that since then you have had a successful career?   Answer Question