Goodmortgage.com Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodmortgage.com Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodmortgage.com

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Lunch with HR/Recruiter and offered employment right away. Recruiter was very friendly and personable.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

I responded to an online advertisement offering a salary and commission for the position of Loan Originator. Replied as instructed with my resume and cover letter. Was contacted by their recruiter and scheduled a 1:1 interview. Once in the interview it was explained that one would only receive the portion of commissions that actually exceeded the salary paid. (this is more accurately described as a non-recoverable draw). The interview is a typical hyped up version of the fantastic work environment and high income of the current sales people. Everything you would expect from a Sales Organization....most information is embellished in an effort to gain your trust and build your enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation at all with this company at any phase: from pre-employment to actual employment.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I found Goodmortgage.com on the Internet while searching for a job as a mortgage loan officer (MLO). I was not aware of them prior to performing my search. I was interested in applying with them because I was attracted to their brand. They appeared to be a company that cared for their employees and their reputation. Since I was not a licensed MLO and had never worked in the industry, I called to ask a few questions. The HR manager was pleasant, patient, and answered all my questions. Since I was going to be in Charlotte to take a mortgage licensing class, she asked me to stop by to interview with them. I briefly interviewed with the HR manager and afterward, with the training manager who was pretty direct. Both of whom turned out to be very genuine individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of any sort. They explained what the salary is (which is rare in the mortgage industry) and they explained their compensation structure. Being new to the business, I felt the compensation was fair.