Goodreads Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goodreads

1 Interview Review

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodreads (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The "best" (worst) part of the initial communication is that after exchanging emails with the recruiter and agreeing on the interview date, I wasn't sent the quite usual email of "our company is located at <address>, please sign the attached NNN ". You may think that was little but searching for the company address is not optimal, what if they *just* moved? Later on... I was actually asked for the signed NNN after I arrived at the reception on the day off. Great.
After the interview, possibly the same recruiter didn't send feedback. No email, nothing at all actually.

I had about four interviewers, with one of them very professional and likeable perhaps he was happy outside of work with his sporting endeavors (judging by the clothing). The others were just average. One was a bit edgy and surprising to ask me a question about coding in Ruby, where the job wasn't for that and I had explicitly stated I haven't done that. I thought I read his stuff well enough for never having touched that.
Other questions were: traversing through a matrix, arranging layouts on a mobile device screen and so on.

There was a phone screen + coding; additional exercise;; and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions