Goodrich Interview Questions in Chula Vista, CA | Glassdoor

4.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodrich (Chula Vista, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I received an email with the typical HR questions regarding skills, salary requirements, relocation, etc. Then recruiter set up a phone interview with hiring manager. I got a conference call phone interview with two hiring managers. Few days later, I got a call from recruiter to set up actual interview on site. It was a panel interview with 3 employees from the group and an HR recruiter. The interview was very in-depth and lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. It asked for a lot of examples of things. There were a lot of questions though.   Answer Question

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodrich (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied via the company website. Contacted by email about a week later to set up initial phone screening. Phone screening was a basic set of questions about experience, willingness to perform drug test, and salary expectation. Second phone interview about three weeks later, was a series of ten technical questions. Brought in for panel interview a few weeks later: it was me, the hiring manager, and three senior engineers. 1.5 hours of behavioral and specific technical questions, very challenging and thorough interview for sure. Everyone I met on-site were very cordial and professional, with semi-casual attire the norm. I did OK (not great) on the interview, told I would hear back within two days; however, 20 minutes after walking out of the building the hiring manager called and offered the position. Got an offer a few days later that was very reasonable and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for salary increase but was rejected (entry level position, standard salary offering, yada yada). I should have tried for a signing bonus instead.

Commodity Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodrich (Chula Vista, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR for a pre-screening, going over very basic skill sets and salary requirements. I was contacted again by phone and a panel phone interview was set up for seven days from the date of request. I interviewed with 3 people (all managers) was supposed to be 4. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and was a "real" screening of skills. About 15 minutes into the 30 minute interview, I was asked if I would come in for face to face. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my experience levels with purchasing, planning, supplier relations and negotiations. The questions asked me played to my strengths so it went very well. The panel interview was much tougher. There were 4 (supposed to be 5) interviewers. The questions were much more direct and you needed to have specific answers to real experiences you have had. The questions were the " give a specific example of when..." The ones that come to mind were: Lifting morale, step by step process for bid package, beating a deadline, creating a process etc. There were several questions on Lean manufacturing and Kaizan events.

Interview Questions

• Take us though a detailed step by step process for putting together a bid package   Answer Question
    • tell us about any Lean Manufacturing principles you have knowledge of and used at your previous employment   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodrich (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very technical interview. Oral test interview.

Interview Questions

• What it is the benefit of roll back in sheet metal fabrication?   2 Answers