Goodrich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodrich Interview Questions

2.9

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodrich (Riverside, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screening with an HR representative - Basic qualification questions

Panel interview with two engineering managers and an HR representative - More in-depth questions regarding qualifications, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't really negotiate at all on Associate positions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodrich (Burnsville, MN) in August 2009.

Interview

My interview was for a contract position in the verification area. It was real straight forward. I was asked basic questions about my background and then was asked about DO-178B verification type questions. An example is "What is the difference between a Normal test case and Robust test case?"

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions asked given the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodrich (Bloomington, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I was invited to attend a field day with the company through a recruiter via e-mail. Nothing was mentioned about interviews. When showing up, they talked about their products, offered lunch, and toured us around the building. Afterwards, 3 sets of 2 employees interviewed me about my resume and asked basic questions (personality test).

About 2 months later, the recruiter said they had filled the position. Awkward interview session, and no technical section.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Goodrich?   Answer Question
    • If your boss told you that you had to use a specific software, but you knew better technologies that can do the same thing but faster, what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodrich (Bloomington, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary. A group of people were there waiting to be toured in the building. Asked what projects I worked on in school, asked about projects I listed in my resume. We each interviewed with a team we would be potentially working with. Each asked about the same things on the resume and wanted to know if you would be a fit on their team.

Interview Questions

• You say you worked on project X, tell me more about it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodrich (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a 45 minute interview. He goes through the experience in your resume and asks some personality/leadership questions. He tells you about the company and what they do. There were moments of silence in the interview where I couldn't find an answer to his questions. He seemed bored with me and was checking his phone for the time once in a while.

Interview Questions

Found a better offer from another company.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodrich (Charlotte, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

1. Meet with reporting manager to discuss the position and ensure good fit
    2. Meet with 2nd level manager to discuss interest in position and my background
    3. Meet with 3rd level manager to review experience and interest
    4. Meet with HR for final screening
    The entire process was completed in the same day. All meetings were one on one and not a group setting like some interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenging situation you encountered in your previous job and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodrich (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

It was less of technical..more towards functional and management side. As for the first time they were implementing my technology so they wanted a person who can start afresh with a new team with proper skill sets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was smooth throughout

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

When I was seeking an internship with Goodrich Corporation. I began by submitting a resume. I found out about the position through word of mouth and was able to submit my resume directly to my eventual supervisor. I was later contacted by telephone to conduct my interview as I was out of town during the school year. The interview was relaxed and informative. I was offered the internship and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• "What I would you contribute to our department if hired?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodrich (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Brought in for tour of facility and basic questioning- asked for example of working through adversity on a group project, leadership experience anecdote, and description of any personal or academic projects. No brain teasers or math questions were asked... very straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were challenged academically and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodrich (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied via the company website. Contacted by email about a week later to set up initial phone screening. Phone screening was a basic set of questions about experience, willingness to perform drug test, and salary expectation. Second phone interview about three weeks later, was a series of ten technical questions. Brought in for panel interview a few weeks later: it was me, the hiring manager, and three senior engineers. 1.5 hours of behavioral and specific technical questions, very challenging and thorough interview for sure. Everyone I met on-site were very cordial and professional, with semi-casual attire the norm. I did OK (not great) on the interview, told I would hear back within two days; however, 20 minutes after walking out of the building the hiring manager called and offered the position. Got an offer a few days later that was very reasonable and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for salary increase but was rejected (entry level position, standard salary offering, yada yada). I should have tried for a signing bonus instead.