Goodrich Stress Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodrich (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied via the company website. Contacted by email about a week later to set up initial phone screening. Phone screening was a basic set of questions about experience, willingness to perform drug test, and salary expectation. Second phone interview about three weeks later, was a series of ten technical questions. Brought in for panel interview a few weeks later: it was me, the hiring manager, and three senior engineers. 1.5 hours of behavioral and specific technical questions, very challenging and thorough interview for sure. Everyone I met on-site were very cordial and professional, with semi-casual attire the norm. I did OK (not great) on the interview, told I would hear back within two days; however, 20 minutes after walking out of the building the hiring manager called and offered the position. Got an offer a few days later that was very reasonable and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for salary increase but was rejected (entry level position, standard salary offering, yada yada). I should have tried for a signing bonus instead.