Goodwill Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I applied online, then I was called the following day for an interview. The goodwill store was close so I had my interview the same day as phone call. I had to wait to meet with the manager for a half a hour. I finally met with the manager and he was nice but, he kept asking if I was certain that I wanted the job, even though I wouldn't be here for the interview if I didn't want the job. I didn't have retail experience but I been a supervisor in the corporate world and it seems that's where the doubt was coming from, that I wouldn't be able to handle the job for some reason. It was a quick interview, he talked a little bit about the position and I was able to speak a little about myself but it was very rushed. Afterwards, I was told he would sent a link to check my references. I received an email that wanted me to get references within 24 hours which was difficult. I had my references sent in their applications quickly and it took three weeks for the manager, to get back to me by calling me and asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and I was given a second interview that went better than the first since the manager seemed to actually listen, to my responses and he shared some of his personal history as well as the tasks for the role. He asked again if I was certain I was ready for the position and I said yes and I filled out a background check and now I'm waiting for the background check to clear, so I can start.

Interview Questions

• Are you certain that your ready to handle the job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill (Long Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

You first have to fill out a paper application, In my experience I applied 3 times before I recieved a call for an interview. At the sit down interview I interviewed with a gentleman who made it feel like more of an interrogation than an interview. He mostly focused in the fact that I have visable tattoos than about previous employment. I must have had the right answers because I then spoke with the head of HR and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous experience help me do well with this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

You fill out a paper application. Well now its online. Then the store manager interviews you. If they like you the regional manager interviews you. You will also go to on boarding this is where they offer you your official pay. Aslo where they do a group orientation. After you go to your store and meet your store management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past experiences in management   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Goodwill industries   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Was called soon after I applied and invited to job fair to interview with several people for a position in one of their local stores. Everyone I spoke to was nice and pleasant and really seemed interested in my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good, options of a few stores to work at and salary needs were met.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

quick and efficient interviews. Proper questions asked. No personal questions asked. Very polite, sharing what the job consist of and expectations of the position. Great knowledge of company and all the benefits they offer. Shared history and planed goals for future.

Interview Questions

• past issues with top management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and comfortable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Done by store manager. She admitted she hates to do any HR. I only got the job because I pestered her for three weeks. After hired, I became the HR manager because I am able to actually interact with other humans.

Interview Questions

• None. She read from a script and with a good imagination, I became a superstar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I needed a job. Things are tough here in Maine!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for an assistant manager position but they offered me an associate position. I received a phone call telling me to come in for the interview, I interviewed and was told to wait for a response. I received a phone call tell me I was hired if I still wanted the job. The offer was for an associate position at the donor door securing the donations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in February 2014.

Interview

Two telephone interviews. Then interview with retails ales department. Then interview with HR and Director of Operations. Common interview questions. Why Goodwill? Describe your typical workday.

Interview Questions

• How did you help a co worker advance within the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview pro ess was very long. It consisted of 3 different interviews which lasted an hour each. The main focus of the interview seem to be about my educational backgroud rather than my work experience. I beleive the company want to hire more educated people.

Interview Questions

• How was my edcuational experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was promoted to asst after four years of working as a production clerk. There was not an interview at that time. Only an additional application was handed to me which listed 20 questions on how the store is opened and closed. There were a few questions of what I would do if certain situations were to arise with customers